Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering My Yaris

stuartc17

has ant body lowered there yaris 35mm on 15" wheels if so is there much difference in the handling and compfort?

has ant body lowered there yaris 35mm on 15" wheels if so is there much difference in the handling and compfort?

It should tighten up the handling a fair bit without effecting the comfort. 30mm isn't a great deal and the 15" wheels won't be a problem either.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped an 02 five door Yaris on gen. TTE lowering springs but it kept bottoming out. Reverted to standard ones but put Koni dial a ride shocks on. Much better than standard ones that feel like they are made of pen springs! i may put the lowering springs back on one day as they are sitting in my shed with only a few hundred (if that) miles on them. 15 inch wheels should be no problem as T-sport and sr have them as standard.

I dropped an 02 five door Yaris on gen. TTE lowering springs but it kept bottoming out. Reverted to standard ones but put Koni dial a ride shocks on. Much better than standard ones that feel like they are made of pen springs! i may put the lowering springs back on one day as they are sitting in my shed with only a few hundred (if that) miles on them. 15 inch wheels should be no problem as T-sport and sr have them as standard.

did you shorten the bump stops when you fitted lowering springs? iv recently lowered mine using Gmax springs and i chopped the front bump stops as it said in the fitting instructions. i have no bottoming out issues?

bert

did you shorten the bump stops when you fitted lowering springs? iv recently lowered mine using Gmax springs and i chopped the front bump stops as it said in the fitting instructions. i have no bottoming out issues?

bert

Mine wer TTE, as fitted by Touota and there was no mention of cutting bump stops. In addition, they were fitted by garage, so they should have either advised me to do it or done it and told me anyway! I should also mention prob seemed worse at the rear, mainly over the multitude of speed bumps in my area!

bottoming out?

bump stops?

any one care to explain? im confused lol

bottoming out, ie, suspension reaching fullest amount of travel possible and hitting its self, so to speak. bump stops are rubber stops designed to stop this happening and damaging shocks etc, by making travel stop just prior to bottoming out, which is, of course, what was happening to me rather than actually damaging shocks.

bert

Mine wer TTE, as fitted by Touota and there was no mention of cutting bump stops. In addition, they were fitted by garage, so they should have either advised me to do it or done it and told me anyway! I should also mention prob seemed worse at the rear, mainly over the multitude of speed bumps in my area!

i fitted mine in the street with a trolley jack and stands. it said on a big warning label in the box the springs came in about shortening the bump stops otherwise there will be damage to the shocks from it bottoming out. i think i cut 25mm off the length of the front ones. it was a bit bumpy and kept catching speed bumps when i had the standard 14" wheels on, but its fine now iv fitted 15" t sport alloys. my jack in the boot started to knock after lowering but tightened it up and its fine now. :thumbsup:

bottoming out?

bump stops?

any one care to explain? im confused lol

bottoming out, ie, suspension reaching fullest amount of travel possible and hitting its self, so to speak. bump stops are rubber stops designed to stop this happening and damaging shocks etc, by making travel stop just prior to bottoming out, which is, of course, what was happening to me rather than actually damaging shocks.

cheers think i get you... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links