Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Purchase.. High Mileage?

jonnie

Hey guys,

I've been looking to buy an MR2 recently and have found one that's looking in excellent aesthetic condition as it has just been re-sprayed, and although there isn't much service history the owner seems to be a genuine guy that has looked after his car well.

The guy's been really helpful with trying to reach a price that suits us both by removing his non-standard exhaust, steering wheel and HUD, but I'm just a little unsure about the mileage.

It's currently done 125,000 miles. I keep hearing that a car can have done much more than this and still be running in tip top condition, but I can't help but be warey of it with the lack of much service history.

Would you say I'm being too cautious about this purchase? What can go wrong after this mileage that will be expensive to repair?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:: Oh yeah, It's a 1993 MK2 Rev 2 if that helps!

when was cambelt last changed, and source any service history, personally without service history its hard to judge although i have bought a mr2 before with none but it ended up i have been paying thousands for how it is now

other than that mileage is not much of an issue on mr2s as long as they been looked after

The cambelt was changed September last year, so fairly recently!

I've had a PM saying that "there isn't much service history" so there might be some at least. Next time I'm in touch with him I'll ask what kinda service history he has

Also find out how long he has had the car and his reason for selling. Is he a member of any of the toyota or MR2 clubs?

I service my 2 every 5k, currently done 134,000 and its still going strong. When you look after them they look after you :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links