Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought My Yaris, Need Some Advice :)

pete21121

Hey guys,

just picked up my yaris yesterday (X reg SR) and im well pleased with it =D

I was just wondering if i could have your opinions on some stuff, modding wise.

First off, everyone on here seems to like the tein S.tech springs. My mate says that Gmax are good quality and theyre cheaper from what i can see. Also been looking at cobra. Anyone got any suggestions? i aint got a lot of money to spend atm, but i dont mind saving up for the teins if you think its worth it.

He also recomended me getting a K&N replacement filter. Anyone had any experience of these?

And finally, the shifting/gear stick feels a bit sloppy, is there anyway to tighten things up or will i just have to get used to this?

thanks very much :)

oooh...ill include a pic too ><

yarissmall-1.jpg

Can't help you with much of the above I'm afraid as I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, but that's a tidy looking motor you have there - appears very well looked after :)

Nice purchase!

Just being nosey now, but how much was it?!? Deffo save up for the Teins. There rated so highly on here and I don't think I've ever heard a bad word said against them tbh!!

I had the basic damper coileys fitted to mine and was absolutely superb to drive so I'd recommend saving up for them but at 500 odd quid there proper pricey. The Gmax ones are supposidly ok but with the Teins you get a level drop, 35mm at front and 38mm at back.

The panel filter is a worthwhile mod, and again I've never heard a bad word against it. I had one in my old SR before I got an Apexi induc kit and it was fine. The roar of the induction kit though was superb and I'm glad I got one of them but your looking at an extra few pennies for one of those as well!

In regards to the gearbox, it seems to be a Yaris trait! My old one was slightly notchy and everyone seems to say the same thing as well

I have a K&N fitted to my yaris blue 1.0, the increase if any in bhp is not really noticeable on my car but would be on yours...you are better off buying direct from k&N as the prices are the same wherever you buy it from £40.00 ish with postage...Demon Tweaks do a lot of bits for the TSport and alternatives to the K&N filter....nice set of wheels by the way.

cheers for the replies guys :)

got the car for about 2200, baby ^^

thanks for the advice, ill definitely save for the teins.

Btw i was talking to my dad about the air filter - he says that the car would need re-tuning if i were to put a new filter in, due to the increased air intake, the air/petrol mix wouldnt need to be balanced again? I thought id ask your opinions on that one, 'cos ive never heard that problem mentioned anywhere before.

thanks again

As far as I know, the engine management system will automatically adjust the balance taking into account the increased air flow. This happens anyway as air filters become blocked over time. When I fitted a performance air filter to my Celica it took about a week or so to re-adjust but you won't do any harm at all during this period.

I also believe that some owners remove the appropriate fuse for about 10 minutes which causes the engine management computer to reset, but I don't think this is necessary as the system learns pretty quickly.

In the good old days of carburettors you would have had to have it re-jetted, but this isn't applicable anymore :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

just picked up my yaris yesterday (X reg SR) and im well pleased with it =D

I was just wondering if i could have your opinions on some stuff, modding wise.

First off, everyone on here seems to like the tein S.tech springs. My mate says that Gmax are good quality and theyre cheaper from what i can see. Also been looking at cobra. Anyone got any suggestions? i aint got a lot of money to spend atm, but i dont mind saving up for the teins if you think its worth it.

He also recomended me getting a K&N replacement filter. Anyone had any experience of these?

And finally, the shifting/gear stick feels a bit sloppy, is there anyway to tighten things up or will i just have to get used to this?

thanks very much :)

oooh...ill include a pic too ><

yarissmall-1.jpg

I have a k&n panel filter. there is a slight gain in power but you hardly notice it, especially after a week or two as you just get used to it. Also, a slight rise in mpg. Both of these taken into account, it IS worth having, considering you will never have to change it again, unlike a standard one. Just make sure you get the correct fitment as my car had the wrong one listed and i had to have it swapped for the other Yaris filter. If it does not fit perfectly, it is the wrong one. Dont cut it to fit as it wont work properly and the supplier will not then change it! Got mine from a regular seller on eBay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links