Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Comfort

Corolla_liftback

hi just wanted to know if anybody else thought the same...

i find my yaris tpot quite uncomfy, its not the seats just the layout, its took me ages to work out why i find it uncomfy

1.) it is very upright

2.) you sit very high up

3.) the footwell doesnt seem deep enough (pedals dont go far back enough) like in a normal car your legs go right under the dashboard and it doesnt in the yaris

4.)steering wheel doesnt seem to come out far enough

i just feel like im sat ontop of the car with no legroom (cant even fully stretch my legs and can only just reach the steering wheel with arms fully stretched) i like to have a car where my legs go right under the dash and can still stretch them, whilst having the steering wheel right infront of me being able to reach it with a bend in my arm and slightly more laid back driving position.

i dont no weather its just me because ive never heard anyone else complain about the comfort of the yaris, maybe i just have short arms lol

im really gutted i love the way that my tpot looks and performs and handles but i just cant get comfy and find myself adjusting the seat constantly, and am considering part ex ing for something more comfy and laid back.... :(

The only thing I find a problem on my yaris is the seats are too high, even though they are on their lower setting.

I wouldn't mind some bucket seats, but I find the t-sport ones very comfortable.

Other than that I quite like the driving position and layout of the car

:lol::lol: My husband could have written your post :lol::lol:

whenever he drives my yaris he just cannot get comfy :unsure:

he has also said the same as you,,,maybe he has short arms :blink::wacko:

i will be honest though being female & short i have no problems getting comfy in the Tpot.

& i drive it more than him :D

There’s nothing wrong with the T Sport comfort at all. The seats aren’t any higher than any other car, the car is actually higher than a “normal car” (whatever normal is) thus giving the illusion of being higher (mini MPV). I take it you’ve played with the seat height adjustment?

The height between the seat and the floor is comparable to other makes.

I agree with the steering wheel not coming out far enough for some people, but I have long arms so it’s not an issue. It only has rake but no reach in the adjustments.

It doesn’t sound like a car issue, are your arms out of proportion to your legs?

You can actually adjust the seat to be less upright ;)

Speaking of seating, I had a hilarious moment today. Had been in and out of my Daihatsu Charade, it's lowered by 50-60mm or so. Was then going into the Verso, which is even taller than a T-Sport, expecting to fall down like I do in the Charade.. I assure you, it's far worse to enter and exit the Charade than it is to sit a bit tall in the Yaris - on a daily basis it's actually quite nice ^_^

i will be honest though being female & short i have no problems getting comfy in the Tpot.

& i drive it more than him :D

I am the same. :) Although after my husband has driven it and had the seat right back, it takes me ages to get the seat right again. :lol: He doesn't drive it often, but he has driven it on a couple of longer runs and never said he's uncomfy.

im 6 foot 2 and find my tpot very comfy!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links