Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Buy A Toyota Afer This

tezread

I have an 55 plate Corolla MMT Diesel that has had the following happen since I bougfht it in October

Alternator replacement

Front brake pads

Clutch actuator and Multimode transmission problems

Rear brake pads

Window seal replacement

Do you think this is too many problems to warrant me getting an Auris or is this normal for a Toyota?

They certainly don't build them like they used to!

It seem recently there are a few posts like this with people refering to new Toyotas. I think they have lost their way, and the "bullet proof" reputation taht has haleped them sell so many cars will not hold out much longer.

GM and ford made rubbish cars for years and look where they are going!

They certainly don't build them like they used to!

It seem recently there are a few posts like this with people refering to new Toyotas. I think they have lost their way, and the "bullet proof" reputation taht has haleped them sell so many cars will not hold out much longer.

GM and ford made rubbish cars for years and look where they are going!

if this happened to you would you get the new Auris or look for another manufacturer if so who?

I personally wouldn't get an Auris anyway as I think they are horrid...

In all honesty I'm probably not the best person to ask if thats the sort of car you are after... I drive a 20 year old supra and a big 4x4 truck ;)

Your best bet would be asking on the Corolla and Auris sections :)

I have an 55 plate Corolla MMT Diesel that has had the following happen since I bougfht it in October

Alternator replacement

Front brake pads

Clutch actuator and Multimode transmission problems

Rear brake pads

Window seal replacement

Do you think this is too many problems to warrant me getting an Auris or is this normal for a Toyota?

Thats too many problems, get a dirty gas guzzling lexus - mines coming up to 7 years old and not one thing has failed.

I personally wouldn't get an Auris anyway as I think they are horrid...
That’s why the best cars are not designed by focus groups. Only problem with Auris is front tire ware and squeaky rear brakes when reversing. The T180 and 2.0 d-4d Auris is a very good all rounder and the design will get better with time.

so whats to say thats all that is going to happen to your car ?

brake pads are always going to wear down no matter what car you have.

window sealant aint a big problem, and cant comment on multimode as dont know what it is.

for me its when problems occur with the engine that makes me want another make/model of car.

it's a tough question because there's no certainty that ALL Toyota's are poor now - Giddlepin used to have a Celica and it was possibly the worst car ever made. He then got rid of it for his MR2 and has had no bother with that one, or his subsequent Celica.

There's a guy on my Estate driving an Allegro Estate - mint condition. Who'd have thought that?

....is a very good all rounder and the design will get better with time.

Humour me... How does "a design get better with time" ??

Brakes are still an ongoing problem with many manufacturers, not just Toyota. There were problems with early MMT vehicles, but I have to say Auris MMT is brilliant. Toyota now sell tens of thousands more cars in the UK than they did in the 80's and 90's, despite what people think, Toyota still have one of the most reliable products in the market place. In percentage terms, the product is better than it was in the early days..............Tin hat at the ready......incoming :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

Hi, as you've experienced an MMT Gearbox, can you tell if it's normal and why when I was sat in slow moving traffic in "E" the car started to beep, even for a minute or two after I started moving again?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links