Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Continuing Search For Mr2

jonnie

Hey again everybody,

I've been continuing my search for an MR2 and have weighed the following up to be my best options:

05082007082.jpg

"1993 rev2 N/A MOT until Aug 08 Tax until Jan 09.

124,000 miles.

Full leather interior,

Tbar roof,

Japspeed exhaust,

17" wheels,

Momo wheel.

Fully resprayed last year and is in immaculate condition.

Raybrig headlights

Cam belt done september last year.

4 new tyres."

This car has been owned by its current owner for the past four years. There is four years worth of MOT passes for service history, and the seller is a member of MR2OC.co.uk. I've read a few of his posts and he seems like he has looked after his car and after the last MOT test he posted a topic stating that the car passed first time and that the only recommendations were that the handbrake pulls up too high. I can get to the car in about two and a half hours, and he is willing to take £1,800 for the car. Comes with leather seats and non-standard alloy wheels.

229845-2.jpg

"Rev 3, N-reg, UK-Car, T Bar, Manual, 101,000 miles, Green (pearlescent) Full black leather interior.

New clutch fitted June '07. New front tyres fitted. New handbrake cables & all brakes front & rear replaced. New calipers fitted to the rear brakes. Car fully serviced recently.

10 Months MOT & tax.

PAS, ABS, factory fitted alarm/immobiliser & central locking, 16 inch original turbo alloy wheels, service history, fog lights, full electric mirrors & windows, very good condition. I also have the original covers for T Bar glass roof, Sony MP3 player.

Amazing car drives beautifully, real stunner, No time wasters please."

This car is slightly further away, but takes about the same amount of time to drive to due to motorways. The car has full service history and 101,000 miles on the clock. The car is also a Rev3 model (so a little newer than the first car I showed you), and the seller has been made an offer of £1,800 by somebody else, and the asking price is £2,095. Has leather seats, one with a little rip on it on the side, and comes with standard alloys. Also has a non-standard Sony head unit fitted.

48263_1.jpg

"Make: Toyota

Model: Mr2

Variant: Gt Sports 2dr

Year: 1993

Colour: Red

Fueltype: N/A

Bodytype: N/A

Transmission: N/A

Mileage: 120000

Price: £ 1994

Description:

Toyota Mr2 Gt Sports, 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 1993 K Reg , 120,000 Miles, Red. Air-conditioning, alloys, Body Coloured Bumpers, Central Door Locking, Front Fog Lights, Immobilizer, In Car Entertainment, Power-assisted Steering, Superb Condition Inside And Out. All Usual Dealer Facilities £1,994 "

This car has 5,000 less miles than the first one, and is being sold from a car dealership. It costs £1,994, but I am unsure of the availability of service history, I still need to contact the seller. It is just a little further than the second car I showed you. This car may have a warranty from the dealer, however. Does not have leather seats and comes with standard alloys.

media.jpg

"Manual, 94,385 miles, 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 95,000 miles, RED.Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, New 17" Ferrari Enzo Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, CD, Central locking, Electric windows, Lots of Documented Service History.Within the last year new Clutch, Starter, alternator and Brakes fitted. Insurance Group:15, Body work is faded but car runs superb, an excellent little runner for summer and will not take much more than time and effort to make it look good, unfortunately moving house and Job forces a quick sale. £1,800 all sensible offers will be considered. Viewing is only available at weekends due to work commitments. £1,800. ONO"

This car is only 9 miles away from me, and has 95,000 miles on the clock. It lots of service history and is advertised for £1,800, although it is a Revision 1 model. Non-standard alloys (although not as nice as the first car's alloys) and non-leather seats.

I was originally set on the first car because it is in Scotland, although I'm a little worried about its mileage. It does however look in excellent condition exterior and interior-wise. I could probably get the 4th car for the cheapest price and it's closest, but it is only a Revision 1.

The second car does not look AS good as the first, but it has lower miles and more documented Toyota service history. It also has a slightly longer MOT. It's been advertised for 50 days which makes me unsure about why it hasn't sold though.

What does everybody think?

Thanks for any advice or opinions.

Well it very much depends what you want.

Personally I had to have a T-Bar - it was my fundamental requirement when choosing a car, but if that's not important to you then coupes are stronger, lighter and go for a bit less dosh. And much less risk of them leaking, whereas it can be a problem with the T-Bars. Mine doesn't leak a single drop evAR, but many do. UK T-Bars all (IIRC) have leather but tend not to have Air Con, but that's not a problem with a T-Bar anyway.

Then which Rev do you want; obviously the later ones are more expensive, but they are betterer! IMHO the Rev 3+ are the ones to go for, but really that is a personal choice - if you like the look of the Rev 1/2 then go for it. But note that they should be less expensive.

FTSH - for me valuable, but many say it doesn't matter. If it has been properly serviced to the schedule by non-Toyota people then it should be fine, but you need to make sure that's the case. Independents may be just as good, or better than Mr T, but you need to know the garage to be sure of that.

Did you say MOT as proof of service? A test is not proof of service - merely proof that on the day the vehicle was tested the tester deemed the vehicle to be safe. You could skip oil and filter changes for years and still pass an MOT.

Of course if you want a low mileage later car in near perfect condition you have to pay more money, so at the 2K mark it's a question of deciding what you will compromise on.

HTH, Good luck with finding something that meets your needs.

Well it very much depends what you want.

Personally I had to have a T-Bar - it was my fundamental requirement when choosing a car, but if that's not important to you then coupes are stronger, lighter and go for a bit less dosh. And much less risk of them leaking, whereas it can be a problem with the T-Bars. Mine doesn't leak a single drop evAR, but many do. UK T-Bars all (IIRC) have leather but tend not to have Air Con, but that's not a problem with a T-Bar anyway.

Then which Rev do you want; obviously the later ones are more expensive, but they are betterer! IMHO the Rev 3+ are the ones to go for, but really that is a personal choice - if you like the look of the Rev 1/2 then go for it. But note that they should be less expensive.

FTSH - for me valuable, but many say it doesn't matter. If it has been properly serviced to the schedule by non-Toyota people then it should be fine, but you need to make sure that's the case. Independents may be just as good, or better than Mr T, but you need to know the garage to be sure of that.

Did you say MOT as proof of service? A test is not proof of service - merely proof that on the day the vehicle was tested the tester deemed the vehicle to be safe. You could skip oil and filter changes for years and still pass an MOT.

Of course if you want a low mileage later car in near perfect condition you have to pay more money, so at the 2K mark it's a question of deciding what you will compromise on.

HTH, Good luck with finding something that meets your needs.

Thanks for the response. I think the previous owner of the first car has carried out a lot of work on the car himself. I know from reading his posts that the car was turning over but failing to fire just before christmas on December 11th:

"I have checked that i am getting a spark so i know the problem is fuel .

Is there a fuse for the fuel pump and if so where is it ?

What else other than the fuel pump can it be ?"

In this post he also stated that he has replaced the Battery , alternator , ht leads , dizzy cap , rotor arm and coil.

The cambelt has also recently been changed. He's also invested in a new Rev 4 Turbo recently, so I think his reason for selling is that he has upgraded to a turbo. He seems to have been maintaining and servicing the car himself from reading his posts, which may explain the lack of actual service history.

Not all T-Bars leak and you can easily fix them.

At a price!!!!!!

I didnt care what revision I got, just had to be red, import and T-Bar.

Hey again everybody,

I've been continuing my search for an MR2 and have weighed the following up to be my best options:

05082007082.jpg

"1993 rev2 N/A MOT until Aug 08 Tax until Jan 09.

124,000 miles.

Full leather interior,

Tbar roof,

Japspeed exhaust,

17" wheels,

Momo wheel.

Fully resprayed last year and is in immaculate condition.

Raybrig headlights

Cam belt done september last year.

4 new tyres."

This car has been owned by its current owner for the past four years. There is four years worth of MOT passes for service history, and the seller is a member of MR2OC.co.uk. I've read a few of his posts and he seems like he has looked after his car and after the last MOT test he posted a topic stating that the car passed first time and that the only recommendations were that the handbrake pulls up too high. I can get to the car in about two and a half hours, and he is willing to take £1,800 for the car. Comes with leather seats and non-standard alloy wheels.

229845-2.jpg

"Rev 3, N-reg, UK-Car, T Bar, Manual, 101,000 miles, Green (pearlescent) Full black leather interior.

New clutch fitted June '07. New front tyres fitted. New handbrake cables & all brakes front & rear replaced. New calipers fitted to the rear brakes. Car fully serviced recently.

10 Months MOT & tax.

PAS, ABS, factory fitted alarm/immobiliser & central locking, 16 inch original turbo alloy wheels, service history, fog lights, full electric mirrors & windows, very good condition. I also have the original covers for T Bar glass roof, Sony MP3 player.

Amazing car drives beautifully, real stunner, No time wasters please."

This car is slightly further away, but takes about the same amount of time to drive to due to motorways. The car has full service history and 101,000 miles on the clock. The car is also a Rev3 model (so a little newer than the first car I showed you), and the seller has been made an offer of £1,800 by somebody else, and the asking price is £2,095. Has leather seats, one with a little rip on it on the side, and comes with standard alloys. Also has a non-standard Sony head unit fitted.

48263_1.jpg

"Make: Toyota

Model: Mr2

Variant: Gt Sports 2dr

Year: 1993

Colour: Red

Fueltype: N/A

Bodytype: N/A

Transmission: N/A

Mileage: 120000

Price: £ 1994

Description:

Toyota Mr2 Gt Sports, 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 1993 K Reg , 120,000 Miles, Red. Air-conditioning, Alloys, Body Coloured Bumpers, Central Door Locking, Front Fog Lights, Immobilizer, In Car Entertainment, Power-assisted Steering, Superb Condition Inside And Out. All Usual Dealer Facilities £1,994 "

This car has 5,000 less miles than the first one, and is being sold from a car dealership. It costs £1,994, but I am unsure of the availability of service history, I still need to contact the seller. It is just a little further than the second car I showed you. This car may have a warranty from the dealer, however. Does not have leather seats and comes with standard alloys.

media.jpg

"Manual, 94,385 miles, 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 95,000 miles, RED.Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, New 17" Ferrari Enzo Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, CD, Central locking, Electric windows, Lots of Documented Service History.Within the last year new Clutch, Starter, alternator and Brakes fitted. Insurance Group:15, Body work is faded but car runs superb, an excellent little runner for summer and will not take much more than time and effort to make it look good, unfortunately moving house and Job forces a quick sale. £1,800 all sensible offers will be considered. Viewing is only available at weekends due to work commitments. £1,800. ONO"

This car is only 9 miles away from me, and has 95,000 miles on the clock. It lots of service history and is advertised for £1,800, although it is a Revision 1 model. Non-standard alloys (although not as nice as the first car's alloys) and non-leather seats.

I was originally set on the first car because it is in Scotland, although I'm a little worried about its mileage. It does however look in excellent condition exterior and interior-wise. I could probably get the 4th car for the cheapest price and it's closest, but it is only a Revision 1.

The second car does not look AS good as the first, but it has lower miles and more documented Toyota service history. It also has a slightly longer MOT. It's been advertised for 50 days which makes me unsure about why it hasn't sold though.

What does everybody think?

Thanks for any advice or opinions.

The rev 3 should be the better one,but the first one has been looked after by an owners club member

can you find out if the rev 3 is owned by a member either on MR2oc or IMOC?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links