Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Mr2 To Go For...

ian_106

Hiya all new here & looking to purchase a MR2 & got a few questions :)

only got about £1500 to spend is that enough to get a half decent one ?

UK car or Import ?

Are imports more expensive to insure & what about parts ?

Whats the best colour to go for ?

Any problems with these cars that i should look out for ?

And anything else you can think of :)

Thanks....

Seen Rev1's go for as little as £800 but I cant imagine what condition!

You should get a decent Rev1 or 2 non turbo for that price, try and go for the more desirable T-Bar for the summer.... few more toys on the import but usually doesnt mean much to some people, I personally wanted an import.

Any colour you like but you will find the white ones with blue interior are the cheapest. I found that thr red ones were hard to keep a shine on.

Um, usuall car problems to look for, make sure it has a bit of history, toyota's generally go on for ever so high milage isnt a problem.

I'm sure the masses on here can add to this!

i bought my MR2 not knowing much about them... as i was looking for a MK1 and did all my research on those.

Mine is the above mentioned white UK MR2 Rev 1 with Blue interior. I found out since buying it that it has a 3SFE engine, which only has 120bhp... wish id known that before i bought it... but if speed isnt THAT important to you, it is good on fuel and still looks ok, and is quite fun to drive.

I paid £1k for mine... the body is in good condition. but the engine had a few problems in the first month or 2 (which i didnt know about before i got her lol) but it only cost me £200 to sort her problems out

having said all that, she is my first MR2, and i love her muchly lol

Hope this helps

Laura x

Thanks for your replys

Ive been to see two MR2s sofar both were ment to be in very good condition & both had rust :(

Looking really for a revision 2 car, T Bar would be nice still got about 4 cars to look @ on my list but working shift makes it very difficult to get out.

From past experience I have only seen rust on UK spec MR2 as they dont put salt on the roads in Japan.

Keep looking!

TOYOTA MR2 GT 2.0, N reg

Might go & see this one tomorrow what do you think ?

Dark green, VGC, 1 years MoT, FSH, PAS, e/windows, ABS, aircon, only. £1,795. ono

mr2fr7.th.jpg

one question for an N reg are those repeaters the correct colour ?

Hiya all new here & looking to purchase a MR2 & got a few questions :)

only got about £1500 to spend is that enough to get a half decent one ?

UK car or Import ?

Are imports more expensive to insure & what about parts ?

Whats the best colour to go for ?

Any problems with these cars that i should look out for ?

And anything else you can think of :)

Thanks....

Hi,

I Own a Rev1 MR2 UK spec non turbo. I've has it for about 4 months now and don't want to let go. My original plan was to keep her for a short while just so i could get to work, but now that i have experienced the MR2 it will be hard to find another car as good as this one but with more seats.

I got my MR2 by swapping it for an X reg fiat punto + a sony stereo. But i believe it was a good deal as FIATs are <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s having had 3 already, (only decent one was a brava).

On the whole the rev1 is good on fuel, mine does about 30MPG and the RWD is excellent, i think you can get a good REV1 for about 1k. I will post some pictures of mine soon...gl

Hi,

I Own a Rev1 MR2 UK spec non turbo. I've has it for about 4 months now and don't want to let go. My original plan was to keep her for a short while just so i could get to work, but now that i have experienced the MR2 it will be hard to find another car as good as this one but with more seats.

I got my MR2 by swapping it for an X reg fiat punto + a sony stereo. But i believe it was a good deal as FIATs are <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s having had 3 already, (only decent one was a brava).

On the whole the rev1 is good on fuel, mine does about 30MPG and the RWD is excellent, i think you can get a good REV1 for about 1k. I will post some pictures of mine soon...gl

Mines well rubbish on fuel but I do drive it heavy.

I know what you mean about going back to a normal car, once you have driven an MR2 you love it!

TOYOTA MR2 GT 2.0, N reg

Might go & see this one tomorrow what do you think ?

Dark green, VGC, 1 years MoT, FSH, PAS, e/windows, ABS, aircon, only. £1,795. ono

mr2fr7.th.jpg

Get a T-Bar dude!!

Yes they are.

That looks quite good.

By the way, did we mention you need to watch out for the ones with the 3S-FE engine? They're better on fuel, but that's because they have much less power. That one doesn't look like it'll be a 3S-FE engine, but just thought I'd check you're aware of them. Nothing wrong with buying one if that's what you want of course, but if you're expecting 150+ horsepower you'll be disappointed with the 3S-FE.

Most 3S-FE MR2's dont have rear spoilers as this was an extra.

Or Fog lights which is why I said that probably isn't one.

But either of those can easily be fitted retrospectively - plenty of them now have spoilers.

erm now you have me confused :eek: I thought the mk 2 rev 1 was the version to give a miss for the lack of power ect... what year cars have the 3S-FE engine ? & yes i would like a T Bar

ps just found this for £2200

1997 TOYOTA MR2 GT T-Bar Sports 2dr Coupe Manual, 71,000 miles,

This Car is SOLD

back1nl7.th.jpg

inside1st3.th.jpg

side1nl1.th.jpg

Rev ones have 2 engine options if you dont include the Turbo.

3S-FE which is about 115bhp and uses the Camery engine

Then the more common 3S-GE which has 158bhp

BTW - the Rev one is the lightest version of the Mk2 ;p hense the newer revs had more horses to compensate for the weight from safety features..etc.

Was the 3S-FE only available in the Rev 1 Jappy? I didn't know that, but thinking about it that is probably correct. Not a concern for him if he's buying a 3 then.

That one that Rash has looks very nice and as it was imported in 04 it should be completely rust free. Looks like a Rev 2, but otherwise looks like a very nice car for the money. Well worth a look for anyone after a Tubby.

What do you guys think of this offer ive had

This is a pic of the car

22458930120759142111cd3tt0.th.jpg

Its a 1992 GT imported into the uk in 1994

Fsh, all previous m.o.t's, 110,000 genuine miles and all paperwork to prove it. White with sunroof (not t bar) no rust and 3 former keepers. 2 dr coupe, 5 spd man, petrol, exc cond, alarm/immob.

been offered it for £800........

Depends on how much you want to spend really, you have shown cars from £800 to over £2k, spending more on the car would be the best option in my opinion and get a T-Bar, its amazing in the summer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links