Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Mr2 To Go For...

ian_106

I know but the offer of a car for £800 seemed very good.... & before i didnt want an import but now looks like i will get less rust issues with one & maybe more kit too...

Im looking @ a black K reg T Bar tomorrow @ 10am up for £1000

I know but the offer of a car for £800 seemed very good.... & before i didnt want an import but now looks like i will get less rust issues with one & maybe more kit too...

Im looking @ a black K reg T Bar tomorrow @ 10am up for £1000

Thing is, this was imported back in 1994 so its had 14 years of salty roads!!

My 1991 was imported in 1999 so it had a better run!

An £800 car might need work doing to it down the line but like most things, you just cant tell with any cars!

Yep, much rather a UK car than an import that was imported at 2 years old. Imports can be harder to insurer which is OK if you're getting other benefits, but otherwise I'd say not.

Also, the underbody rust proofing is said to be poorer on the Jap cars (though I don't know if that's actually true). If true it clearly isn't a problem in Japan. But with a car that was imported in 1994 it may well be.

Not all uk mr2s rust my white one has a bit but my black one is pretty mint really just depends how well they were looked after in the earlier years of ownership. Ive undersealed all mine and usually do every year or so now to keep it nice underneath lol

Get a import and you get extras and maybe less rust problems, but higher insurance

Get a uk and you get cheap insurance with less extras unless someone has put them on, personally id go for the one with less rust underneath have a good look and the under sills and disc backplates, check service history, cambelt etc and you should get a good one

HTH

Andy

from what i have learned from various places is that 3sfe were available as rev1 european cars only, in the base model that had sunroof and no fogs, it is easy to tell the ge and fe apart they are different , i paid 500 for my 91 3sfe 6 months ago, a friend payed 1200 last year for 90 tbar na import thats is very tidy with low kms on the clock,i would go for car that has plenty of receipts and paper work to back up it has been looked after and a 3sge import if poss,

my mr2 cost me £850!!!!

however it did need new tyres, suspention to pass mot but who cares its brilliant!

it has got 143k tho, but came with ultraleggera alloys, lowered, full toyota serice history etc

im loving it!!!

just check out my car - you really can get bargains!

DSC00700.jpg

f_Carm_a2b87b7.jpg

Ok here she is Revision 4 1996 MR2 on a P plate 90k standard uk car with no mods apart from the dodgy paint on the wheels :o just what i was looking for, she drives really well :)

One question the cam belt was changed @ 43K 5 years ago do you think it needs doing again now ?

Every 60K mate, so yeah. Just to be safe.

It's not that bad a job as people make out though. My garage would do it for £90 if I supplied the parts.

Anyone know of a good place to get it done in Pinner middx area, also should the water pump be done @ the same time ?

just phoned Toyota Slough & they have quoted £435 to supply & fit the cam belt inc vat....the two tensioners are an extra £133 plus vat fitted.

Anyone know of a good place to get it done in Pinner middx area, also should the water pump be done @ the same time ?

just phoned Toyota Slough & they have quoted £435 to supply & fit the cam belt inc vat....the two tensioners are an extra £133 plus vat fitted.

I would get it done at a local garage IMHO.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links