Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Two Cars

eiriksmil

done1.jpg

The Verso, behind the scenes. Used it to collect coilovers, wheels and tyres and other small bits & pieces for the other ride. It's eight years in six days. Weird how the time flies, huh? Anyway, fed up with all the complaints on how awful the Yaris is here so I just have to say I really love my Yaris. Never left me stranded, it's been eight bulletproof years. Really cool, it's an early car but no niggles.

It told me to say hi, by the way ;)

Nice "blurring" of plates, eh?

There's been a lot of bitcin' here lately, people only logging on here to !Removed! about their Yarises "falling apart", how they return their cars to the dealers and blaming the car for a crappy dealer. Sucks, really. My seatbelt's stuck and the remote central locking is dying, so what? The car's eight years old and I love it to bits.

Nice "blurring" of plates, eh?

There's been a lot of bitcin' here lately, people only logging on here to !Removed! about their Yarises "falling apart", how they return their cars to the dealers and blaming the car for a crappy dealer. Sucks, really. My seatbelt's stuck and the remote central locking is dying, so what? The car's eight years old and I love it to bits.

Yeah I agree in the main - my first car (gen 1 Celica GT) was about 10 years old when I bought it and to be frank it would be easier for me to list things that *did* work on it, there was that much wrong with it! It had had a hard (racing) life, but the engine siezed at 100,000 miles, the gearbox collapsed at 115,000, just about everything mechanical or electrical failed at one point or another.

And I won't even begin to talk about rust and rot...

In most cases it's due to previous owners' negligence of maintainance though. I've seen perfectly good cars being battered over just months, sold as wrecks. It's the one in your avatar? Remember that the car was ten years old, probably hadn't been cherished (but who am I to guess that?) and was built in '76, before Japan was a synonym with reliability. Seems like many guys here have bad dealers and therefore hate the car.

the conplaints are mainly with the new shape models. which were made in france...

mines have been perfect!

In most cases it's due to previous owners' negligence of maintainance though. I've seen perfectly good cars being battered over just months, sold as wrecks. It's the one in your avatar? Remember that the car was ten years old, probably hadn't been cherished (but who am I to guess that?) and was built in '76, before Japan was a synonym with reliability. Seems like many guys here have bad dealers and therefore hate the car.

Yes, it was the one in the Avatar, sorely missed despite all its troubles. I agree with what you're saying, I'm lucky that within 20 or 30 minutes drive from here I have the pick of 7 Toyota dealers from where to buy decent used vehicles (see my new purchase) but by and large I use one dealer (the nearest) for servicing as they are second to none. It's not nice when you only have one dealer available and the staff working there treat it as a 'job' not a 'passion.'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links