Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Help

Korny_Yaris

Hi,

iv had a JVC head unit for a couple of years and its great apart from one thing....

it skips like a 7 year old girl with a rope for her birthday! annoying!

so basically im after a new one, is it a known JVC problem or was I just unlucky?!

my question is basically is there something differernt about Alpine head units? something about needing more power or something? i think i might get one or am I just chasing the brand name or are they really good quality head units?

Im just after a CD/MP3 headunit with maybe a I-pod connection but thats not essesntial. For about £100-£130.

I dont like the head units where you just slide the cd in, i want one where the faceplate drops down for me 2 slide the cd in. So its hidden.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark.

Hi Mark :)

One of the first mods I looked into was the possibility of changing the headunit in my T-Sport, I posted on here a couple of times I recall, and the almost universal consensus was "buy Alpine."

I spent about 2 weeks scouring the internet for specifications and details, looking at various brands but for some reason even though the design didn't click with me right away I kept being drawn back to Alpine. My imaginary shortlist of headunits, which is sort of around the specification of what you're after, are all Alpine units.

I don't see any 'special' requirements for Alpine above any other unit. Any headunit will require more power available to it if it has a high powered amplifier section in order for it to drive the Speakers properly and without distortion. I don't anticipate this being a problem with the existing wiring though, at very worst you might pop a fuse but I doubt it.

I have yet to buy my headunit as I have other upgrades to do first (particularly speakers) so unfortunately I can't comment from experience, only from research. Hope this helps :)

the best sounding tune is a backbox with a cat welded in, and yes mr big ears PL has this done.

z0mg!!!!!!!!11111 better than any cd player ^_^

Hi Mark :)

One of the first mods I looked into was the possibility of changing the headunit in my T-Sport, I posted on here a couple of times I recall, and the almost universal consensus was "buy Alpine."

I spent about 2 weeks scouring the internet for specifications and details, looking at various brands but for some reason even though the design didn't click with me right away I kept being drawn back to Alpine. My imaginary shortlist of headunits, which is sort of around the specification of what you're after, are all Alpine units.

I don't see any 'special' requirements for Alpine above any other unit. Any headunit will require more power available to it if it has a high powered amplifier section in order for it to drive the speakers properly and without distortion. I don't anticipate this being a problem with the existing wiring though, at very worst you might pop a fuse but I doubt it.

I have yet to buy my headunit as I have other upgrades to do first (particularly speakers) so unfortunately I can't comment from experience, only from research. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for this, i'll delve deeper, i just dont think the Alpines look anything special. Very plain. I like eye candy! but not the chavvy kind!

Thanks for this, i'll delve deeper, i just dont think the Alpines look anything special. Very plain. I like eye candy! but not the chavvy kind!

Yeah I know what you mean - I was dubious because Alpines didn't make much 'sense' to me at first but I've sort of got them sussed now :lol: Trouble with eye candy is that it goes past it's best before date quickly, I tend to be more 'traditional' and keep things until they go wrong. Or I get bored with them.

Good luck in your searching, perhaps let us know what you end up getting?

Regards

thanks again Johnny, I will do! with pix!

hopefully a woman at work will buy my cd player, she has a Yaris 2 so i said id fit it for her aswell.

hopefully a woman at work will buy my cd player, she has a Yaris 2 so i said id fit it for her aswell.

Us 'Midlands' people... so kind and thoughtful... :)

thats it mate. Thats my good deed for the year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links