Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Emmision Rav 4 (1995)

cp03797

Ok Time to exercise those grey cells and Help me Please..

I have a 95 Rav 4 2 ltr. running on LPG. works a treat regularly serviced but failed MOT due to High Emissions in the 6 range.

local chap done analser and readings all to pop... suspect computer fail?

Toyota said bring it in we will analys and run computor test says no fault codes? (not what I asked to do) sugested must be the Catt. got new Catt .. guess what new MOT and failed reading in the 6 range..

WTF...

any ideas car has 12000 but runs sweet and comfy. should i scrap it?

I used to install LPG systems to cars, some of the older cars specifically ford Granada's had this problem.

It was to do with the LPG gas destroying the integrity of the air flow meter. It used to degrade the seals. I tried re sealing one or two of them with silicone and seemed to get by for about six months but always used to end up renewing the air flow meter. On that type of car the LPG was introduced to the system before the air flow meter which was the spec at the time.

Inspect the air flow meter or if you can pic up one cheap give it a try.

The car would run fine on LPG it was when you were trying to run it on petrol that the problem was erratic idling and obviously this affected the mixture info.

Could also be a CO2 (LAMBDA) sensor

HTH

Thx I will try It guess what the garage that said it was the CATT now says TRY the Lambada so Im going to have it checked not changed as they are expencive,, I ask him to check air flow too. last year the garrage got it piping hot and squeezed it through i got a feeling guy who has it now is bring it up to temp and testing.. trying to sort out a problem from overseas by telephone is expencive and frustrating.. know of one case were a wire was frayed caused the fuse to short and was simple remody .. garages dont look for the obvious especialy dealerships.

do you know if the fule mix can be manualy detuned to lean for the test?

Is there any chance some kind mod could move this to the Rav part of the forum please?

We're nice bunch over there and maybe able to help :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links