Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power?

mr2 gt turbo

right i got the idle prob sorted was a huge split in the main hose to the turbo . but now after a short time driving (hard driving) the car loses power , it is boosting off the guage but no pull at all it jus plods along!!! if i pull in switch the car off an instantly fire her up again she pulls as it should fine until 2 or 3 miles down the road it happens again !!!!!

any ideas lads

cheers stevo

Have you checked for stored error codes steve??

sometimes boost + no power can point to faulty knock sensor / bad ign timing.. hard to diagnose without more info m8.

Mo

Have you checked for stored error codes steve??

sometimes boost + no power can point to faulty knock sensor / bad ign timing.. hard to diagnose without more info m8.

Mo

jus checked it out got no. 52 which goin by the diagnostic codes is the knock sensor!!! no idea where or wat it looks like lol ...wud it need changin ??? how much for one of hem yolks??? i"d ave to get some one to go at the ign timing th o

cheers

yup knock is 52, the sensor is at the back of the block under the inlet manifold, bit of a bugger to get to, iirc you need a 26 or 27 mm spanner or socket to get it off,

i would clear codes, check there is nothing stored go for a drive and when u feel loss of power again check to see if code 52 is back, but then you have to determine what is causing knock, is it the sensor, the timing, too much boost, bad/ low octane fuel??? do these tests and get back to us mate.

HTH,

Mo

checked that mo it comes backj all the time when i lose power!! how do i check for the sensor, the timing, too much boost ??

you really need a proper boost guage in to see what boost ur running m8,

Timing...........run car in diagnostic mode (bridge pins Te1 and E1 in diag socket) with engine running point timing light and make sure it's at 10 degrees (i think that's std timing) if not adjust it to 10... and as for testing knock sensor it's a case of trying another one to see if it cures it.

i've had error 52 on mine, changed sensor n turned boost down it went away.

i think my advice is pretty accurate, if not no doubt someone will correct me,

HTH,

Mo

you really need a proper boost guage in to see what boost ur running m8,

Timing...........run car in diagnostic mode (bridge pins Te1 and E1 in diag socket) with engine running point timing light and make sure it's at 10 degrees (i think that's std timing) if not adjust it to 10... and as for testing knock sensor it's a case of trying another one to see if it cures it.

i've had error 52 on mine, changed sensor n turned boost down it went away.

i think my advice is pretty accurate, if not no doubt someone will correct me,

HTH,

Mo

cheers mo your a great help getting my mechanic to look at her later.......how much did ya give for the sensor ???? thanks again

i already had a spare from my other turbo engine, so used that, there is an apparent mod to use a GM (vauxhall) sensor cos it's not quite a fickle as the toyota part...................but the toyota one is very sensative for a reason,,

Try TB Developments talk to Tim he's a sound guy n will help you out, tell him i pointed you in his direction lol.

Mo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links