Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Budgeting The Import Of Mr2, Please Help.

tony4

I've just purchased a 60000miles age mr2 turbo for £1745 (japan price). all i need to do is budgeting what come next to come on the road in UK.

so in total what i need to pay is

shipping = £350

vat + tax = £576 (which is 27.5% of shipping + car price)

agent fee = £170

mot + reg = £50

fog + speed calibration = £120

half year tax = £75

cam belt change = £300 ( assume they didn't change it)

car total price running in UK = £3386.

am i doing the right sum? please help

You forgot the Jap Export duty .. if the car is over 10 years old, you only need an MOT .. if it's under 10, you need an SVA / ESVA.

I imported a mr2 turbo about 7 months ago and they charged me £580 just

for the shipping and then the rest on top.

it worked out a lot more than i thourght.

thanks for your information, i think the jap tax has been paid for because it is a ready to ship car

I hope the car can arrive around 4-5weeks, do they normally delay?

one more question, how much is the speed calibration (i don't need to destrict because i will lose my license, i assumed is just a mph dial sticker up to 120mph?) and fog light conversion cost? or what does it normally requirer? and cost.

Im sure the foglight and stuff should be carried out by the SVA people. The whole thing is really just a government money making scam to skin us for undercutting the UK prices. Follow this link its the government SVA site :

http://www.via.gov.uk/vehicle_testing/sva/sva.htm

As you can see theres different types of test you can pay for. The more expensive the better ie rather than have your foggy bolted underneath(cheaper) ur bumper they integrate it(looks much better but more expensive).

Be warned tho if your car has any expensive gauges etc on dash remove them because the anal testers will rip em off and bin em. They even went as far as to chop off my brothers HKS super dragger tailpipe saying it was a 'danger' sticking out too much can you beleive it? a £600 exhaust! He made em replace it for a HKS hiper muffler off another celica that was in the test centre after kickin up a stink..idiots.(he liked the Hiper better tbh heh)

"SVA test. To make sure your car is up to British standards"

Yea f*&^$N right.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links