Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Tried This?

shakman87

asked if they do it with the unit at the top and the storage box at the bottom, but they dont. just thinking if the unit would be too low down on the centre console now. but if its saving me about £40 i may have to keep my worries quiet :P

iv just got one and the bin is adjustable you can have it at the top or bottom, ill get pics when its fitted.

sweet! u get urs off eBay too? found another one thats £2 cheaper :) prob go for that one. now i just need a head unit :(

I've got one in my car. The box is removable

Cigarette lighter was a pain in the ***** to fit, but otherwise it was fine.

Can post pics if needed

Please - I'd be interested to see the colour/material match, also because I want to replace the headunit in mine and retain the optional Toyota 4 CD holder underneath I would need a proper double DIN space and I don't think the RAV 4 facia is quite big enough :(

yeah defo, can u please post your pics up. was it a good fit or did it need a bit of work?

ill get pics 2morrow was a good fit no problems i just bought a new lighter much easier :)

heres some pics of it fitted,

P1010016.jpg

and the colour diffrence

P1010017.jpg

looks no where near as bad as the pic makes it out to be, look realy good when fitted much better than having the other cd player above, the din is interchanagble so it can be on the top or the bottom, i just used the original mounts and bolted it in, i then clickd the facia on and poped the tray in which is a very tight fit and dosnt budge one bit, good bit of kit and much cheaper than the rav 4 option,

took no longer than 10 mins to fit.

hope this helps

Thanks very much for that - a great help :)

I know how colours can look so 'odd' sometimes when taken with a digital camera, I assume your interior is the 'blue-ish' one and the facia kit is more grey?

Cheers - Johnny

I assume your interior is the 'blue-ish' one and the facia kit is more grey?

in one mate

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/cra...is/PA200160.jpg

Not too clear I know, but mine's the grey interior and the black looks fine with it IMO

Cant really argue for £15

Fitting was fairly easy. Baring in mind, mine did come with the factory fit CD player add on that's about £300 - which is now sat in my loft :lol:

awesome. was just looking at these on eBay, hoping it would fit.

Now i can start ordering my stereo bits ><

Can someone who has fitted one tell me if the connections on the back of a cig lighter are all the same or will the connector on the wiring have to be cut off if you use another cig lighter instead of the original?

Thanks.

Nickp.

just use the original lighter.

from the inside of the unit push in the 2 black clips and just push the lighter unit out the front. takes like a minute or 2. then when u got it out push it into the new one.

btw: u will have to break off the black bit that sticks out and wont fit through the hole - you'll know what i mean when u see it.

looks much better in the new unit, and as i dont smoke anyway i only wanted it to plug in sat nav and phone charger.

A downside I found - when the cigar lighter is in the middle and you have a sat nav plugged in, I find I bang my hand on the plug when changing into 3rd.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links