Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180

Johnrg

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for sometime now as I work for part of the Toyota group (strangely, nothing to do with cars what so ever) and had to get a Toyota for a company car. My choice was the SR180 with all the trimmings :)

I've a few questions and comments I'd like to make, and share my mis-fortune as well...

Firstly... My drive home from the garage after picking it up...

n597890779_747888_8138.jpg

My car was less than 5 hours old :(

Anyway... All fixed and good as new now.

Firstly, Parts-king. Have you now recieved the chips for the SR180? I'm looking at getting it as the increase in economy will help with my 25k miles a year!

A few comments... The key is huge! I used to have a wireless key for my Megane which i never took out of my wallet so I'm having to get used to having a key again... and its really long. I'm sure I'm going to sratch the door soon.

The Sat nav is very impessive. Its different to the like of Tomtom, but i like it. the split screen is very useful expecially on the motorway.

The power without the chip is good, and i'm impressed by the overall performance, but I'm a little annoyed at the fuel tank. I can no longer drive from Bolton to London on a single tank (at the moment) my Megane would go there and back with plenty of fuel left in reserve. I can't help but think there is a smaller fuel tank. Does anyone know how big it is?

All in all I'm very happy with it. I'd definately recommend it. But the SR styling definately helps its looks.

Welcome to the club and ouch!

Something not right if you can't get from Bolton to London and back on a single tank of fuel. I can almost do Warrington to London and back on a full tank in my CTS.

The Auris SR180 is supposed to get over 50mpg and with over 10 gallons in the tank it should get you over 500 miles.

Is the Satnav standard on the SR180?

Glad to hear your car is back on the road

...I'm a little annoyed at the fuel tank. I can no longer drive from Bolton to London on a single tank (at the moment) my Megane would go there and back with plenty of fuel left in reserve. I can't help but think there is a smaller fuel tank. Does anyone know how big it is?

The tank is 55 litres / 12 Imperial gallons but the fuel warning light comes on far too early. Next time you fill up check how much you put in the tank. You probably have 100 miles left in the tank when you are filling up.

Sorry but no joy on the T180 chips yet, still work in progress I'm afraid

Kingo :thumbsup:

50 mpg+ !! my average mpg is 27.7 i have never seen it get over 30! it does only have 2k on it so im hoping it will improve as it gets older

congrats you have the lowest x180 fuel consumption figure on this whole forum! - have you reset the average?

you should be getting 40mpg as a low average!

sat nav not standard either and yes the fuel warning light comes on far too early. Last time i filled up was about 20 miles after the light came on and i put in 48 litres. It holds 55! Wireless key and sunroof with the t180 so shame about the big key you have.

i'm hoping for good news with the chips - the x180 has a 5th injector (DPF) the lexus 220d used to overfuel and many 220d's broke down around 60k miles with clogged EGR valves from the 5th injector. On shorter runs the overfuelling not only caused poorer MPG but excess particulate build up. A simple remap and redesigned injector fixed the problem.... But i reckon chipping it could introduce the same problem where the car goes into limp home mode and the VSC off light comes on.

congrats you have the lowest x180 fuel consumption figure on this whole forum! - have you reset the average?

you should be getting 40mpg as a low average!

sat nav not standard either and yes the fuel warning light comes on far too early. Last time i filled up was about 20 miles after the light came on and i put in 48 litres. It holds 55! Wireless key and sunroof with the t180 so shame about the big key you have.

i'm hoping for good news with the chips - the x180 has a 5th injector (DPF) the lexus 220d used to overfuel and many 220d's broke down around 60k miles with clogged EGR valves from the 5th injector. On shorter runs the overfuelling not only caused poorer MPG but excess particulate build up. A simple remap and redesigned injector fixed the problem.... But i reckon chipping it could introduce the same problem where the car goes into limp home mode and the VSC off light comes on.

yes i reset the average at 1000 miles to see if that would do anything. after a weekend of sensible driving and about 400miles my average mpg has gone up to a whopping 28.3mpg!!! you think there could be anything wrong with it?

I'm getting an average of around 39mpg at the moment, and on a full tank, I get a reported 320mile range!

I think its likely that from some of the other reports on here the calcultions just can't be trusted. Which is a shame. Coming from a Megane, other than the instant fuel consumption which was missing, it was far more accurate.

Its a shame about the chip not being ready yet. The improved efficiency would be well received now!

Or... perhaps its just the way i drive ;)

I don't suppose anyone knows how to dissable the sat nav not working when the car is in motion?

I'm getting an average of around 39mpg at the moment, and on a full tank, I get a reported 320mile range!

I think its likely that from some of the other reports on here the calcultions just can't be trusted. Which is a shame. Coming from a Megane, other than the instant fuel consumption which was missing, it was far more accurate.

Range is hideous

Just realised how bad - my receipts say 48 litres normally as i fillup when i get to about 420/430 miles. This time i pushed it... Did 450 miles to a tank @ 40mpg avg. and filled up with 51.7 litres - still under the tanks 55L.

I know its bad to run low on fuel so i wont attempt more than 450 miles to tank but the point is the range on mine says 360 miles when full and i get 100 miles more.

Simple calculations - would of thought toyota could get this right. Probably my only gripe with the car.

Since this lovely warm weather i've been getting 45mpg on average :D

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for sometime now as I work for part of the Toyota group (strangely, nothing to do with cars what so ever) and had to get a Toyota for a company car. My choice was the SR180 with all the trimmings :)

I've a few questions and comments I'd like to make, and share my mis-fortune as well...

Firstly, Parts-king. Have you now recieved the chips for the SR180? I'm looking at getting it as the increase in economy will help with my 25k miles a year!

A few comments... The key is huge! I used to have a wireless key for my Megane which i never took out of my wallet so I'm having to get used to having a key again... and its really long. I'm sure I'm going to sratch the door soon.

The Sat nav is very impessive. Its different to the like of Tomtom, but i like it. the split screen is very useful expecially on the motorway.

The power without the chip is good, and i'm impressed by the overall performance, but I'm a little annoyed at the fuel tank. I can no longer drive from Bolton to London on a single tank (at the moment) my Megane would go there and back with plenty of fuel left in reserve. I can't help but think there is a smaller fuel tank. Does anyone know how big it is?

All in all I'm very happy with it. I'd definately recommend it. But the SR styling definately helps its looks.

:huh: Oh Dear, I can just imagine the conversation with the guilty party and the call back to the garage salesman to tell him you had SCRATCHED it already...

As regards the Tuning Chip, I came across this site .. Anyone tried one of these.

I am a bit scepticle as many places don't even mention the DCAT 2.2, and on many quotes on this forum is says they are special.

My only complaint on my SR180 is the unresponsiveness up to 2000 revs, especially when pulling away. Even little old 1.2 Corsa's pull away from the lights quicker (for the first 10 metres, then I leave them crawling).

Would hope a Tuning Chip or a remap would sort that out - has anyone got one fitted yet ???? and any pictures on how to install ????

As regards MPG, i'm getting around 41 to work and back (15 mile journey on A roads) and getting around 430 miles per fill up. Although I do expect it to get better once the engine is over 10K (currently 2.5K).

I have also started adding Millers Fuel Additive, which makes the engine a lot quieter.

Finally, I have noticed some SR180's with the twin exhaust pipes. Is this an optional extra, OR is it now standard for SR180 now that Toyota have decided the SPEC. Mine is a January model, which was rushed out and was basically a T180 with Toyotat motorsport suspension and spoiler so it retained the keyless entry and sunroof (these where later dropped from the SR180 standard spec).

Graham

Hey all,

:huh: Oh Dear, I can just imagine the conversation with the guilty party and the call back to the garage salesman to tell him you had SCRATCHED it already...

As regards the Tuning Chip, I came across this site .. Anyone tried one of these.

I am a bit scepticle as many places don't even mention the DCAT 2.2, and on many quotes on this forum is says they are special.

My only complaint on my SR180 is the unresponsiveness up to 2000 revs, especially when pulling away. Even little old 1.2 Corsa's pull away from the lights quicker (for the first 10 metres, then I leave them crawling).

Would hope a Tuning Chip or a remap would sort that out - has anyone got one fitted yet ???? and any pictures on how to install ????

As regards MPG, i'm getting around 41 to work and back (15 mile journey on A roads) and getting around 430 miles per fill up. Although I do expect it to get better once the engine is over 10K (currently 2.5K).

I have also started adding Millers Fuel Additive, which makes the engine a lot quieter.

Finally, I have noticed some SR180's with the twin exhaust pipes. Is this an optional extra, OR is it now standard for SR180 now that Toyota have decided the SPEC. Mine is a January model, which was rushed out and was basically a T180 with Toyotat motorsport suspension and spoiler so it retained the keyless entry and sunroof (these where later dropped from the SR180 standard spec).

Graham

Sorry -forgot to post the site so here it is http://www.solware.co.uk/car-performance-chips/toyota-performance-module.shtml

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links