Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Chips

4raver

I have seen a chip advertised on E-Bay by lots of manufactures which claims to give up to 10 bhp with a simple diy fitment...the chip retards the ignition slightly and fools the ECU into thinking it is receiving a cooler charge of air the result is a cleaner burn and better fuel economy...my question is have you used one and or are they a scam....the price of this power gain is only £10 and takes less than ten minutes to install....the claims by the manufacturers are pretty impressive.

The general rule of eBay is.... if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is!

This smells of scam! :rolleyes:

Sticking go faster stripes on your car also give you a 10bhp increase*

*NOT! :lol:

Leave well alone mate! Offers instant gains but will well and truely cluck your car up in the long run!

I recently fitted a digital tuning box to my d4d that i bought off eBay and it does make a significant difference in performance. Doubt the £10 ones do anything though.

in a word ... no.

simple answer really :P

LMAO @ Demonic Angels reply... :lol::lol::lol:

2 old sayings apply, the 1st 1 is covered by Em - "If it sounds too good to be true, it normally is", the 2nd is "You get what you pay for". Don't expect to be able to stick a £10 chip on your car & get a big increase in performance. If they were that good Toyota would buy lorries full of them for far cheaper than the retail value & put 1 in every car they sell.

It'd be nice if you could get big gains from little money but you just can't, if you want to increase the performance of your car you've got to spend decent money.

ADDS 30+ HP

eae4_1.jpg

racecubedyno.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Does this product work on diesel cars?

A: Yes it will work on all models

Q: Will this actually work?

A: Yes it will do exactly what is stated in the add

Q: Does this product easy to install?

A: Yes really easy plug-in (plug and play) installation work

Q: Will it harm my car in any way?

A: No it will not effect your car's health long or short term

Q: How long does it take for dispatch?

A: It will take up to 2 working days for dispatch and up to 10 days for delivery

This is Latest Version of Actual PERFORMANCE CHIP, I have 2 mode first one (designed for max performance) add 30+ HP and the second one (designed for minimum fuel consumption) will reduce fuel consumption by 20% Guaranteed !

I have no intention of buying or fitting one...I saw it when looking for performance upgrades for the Yaris Blue...I have a programable chip from superchips that was fitted to my rav4 and could have this reprogrammed if I wanted to go that way...I am actually pleased with the power and fuel of the little 1.0 four pot but have been told this can be tweaked very easily for a bit more grunt.

:thumbsup:

And to think - Toyota have wasted countless millions of $ on research and development of engines when all they needed to do was fit a £10 box of something with a few wires sticking out of it to gain 30+bhp instantly...

Sorry to sound so cynical but I just don't 'get it.' So I won't after all need to spend my hard-earned cash on a stainless exhaust, supercharger or turbocharger, induction kit etc etc etc when I can fit this and get the same BHP?

And the 'minimum consumption' box of something gives me 20% decrease in fuel consumption - guaranteed? Seeing as I got 52.3mpg from my T-Sport on a recent trip I'll get 63.8mpg from my T-Sport? - guaranteed? By God - I'm glad I didn't buy that diesel Yaris after all...

:clap:

I actually did some digging and the sole component in the box is a 50p resistor that you can buy from Maplins, you put it between two of the points on the conection block on the airflow meter and it convinces the ecu that the air is cooler than it is...so the end result is the car uses a little more petrol to give the extra power...god knows what damage it might do to a delicately tuned engine....NO! I think my time and money are better spent...I might be fitting the chip I have and having it re-mapped on a dyno, but only after I have replaced the standard airbox and other bits first.

On another note the 1.3 Engine in my new TR is identical in looks and size to the Four Pot 1.0 in the blue...I would guess that only the stroke is different...does this make the 1.0 stronger for tuning and if so what or where do I start....and please do not blow my £1.50 budget all at once :lol::lol:

On another note the 1.3 Engine in my new TR is identical in looks and size to the Four Pot 1.0 in the blue...I would guess that only the stroke is different...does this make the 1.0 stronger for tuning and if so what or where do I start....and please do not blow my £1.50 budget all at once :lol:

I have seen a chip advertised on E-Bay by lots of manufactures which claims to give up to 10 bhp with a simple diy fitment...the chip retards the ignition slightly and fools the ECU into thinking it is receiving a cooler charge of air the result is a cleaner burn and better fuel economy...my question is have you used one and or are they a scam....the price of this power gain is only £10 and takes less than ten minutes to install....the claims by the manufacturers are pretty impressive.

You can get the 'Naked' unboxed versions for about 2 quid, posted, offering the same gaines but without the nice little 50p plastic box. They are also 20p resistors that, funnily enough, stopped selling well so fraudsters..... Oops, sorry, traders added the box to 'offer' better value. (If it looks technical, it is)!

For your money, you get a shoddy bit of photocopied paper with some sort of fitting instruction for some sort of vehicel and a statement saying you need to look in your own owners manual to find the correct sensor/ positioning place to fit it.

They MAY even offer a minimal increase in power as they make the ecu think the engine is cold and so increase the fuel/air ratio. This gives you more revs, this gives you more power. No real difference to driving with a bit more than normal acceleration, though. If you could reach the throttle cable and pull it to give more revs, you should then also go faster!

Giving the car a right good polishing and smacking off the door mirrors/wipers will also help you go a bit faster..... Would you try that?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links