Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slight Judderyness

wembly

Havent posted on here in yonks, but I have a little problem, failed last MOT due to emissions, had a wonky ignition coil, changed that and the car is running much much better, and MPG on motorways went from 32 mpg to 50 - 58 mpg, and city from 24-25mpg to 32 - 35, so all good there, however still getting very very very slight judders when driving any ideas guys

BTW 99 yaris 1l version CDX!

Ta Muchly

Lyndy

Well just failed my MOT on Fast Idle test

CO2 at 0.42

and

Lambda at 0.986 which was in tolerance, but slightly low, which the guy said might be due to a rich fuel mix due to faulty lambda

its a 99 yaris CDX freetronic, anyone know where the lambda sensor is on it? and is it easy to change?

Ta

by the way 30 people looking and no reply is a little disheartening

Hi Lyndy :)

Sorry to hear your car failed the MOT, I'm not sure where the lambda sensor is at all (is it in the exhaust somewhere near the cat? I have no idea) but there should be someone along soon to tell you :)

As for your juddering when driving, is this something that only happens at certain road speeds (could be wheel balancing, tyres etc) or certain engine speeds (engine mounts etc.) Not sure on the mileage of your car but if this is a sudden onset of juddering (parts failure) or a gradual one (general wear and tear) this could also indicate where the problem *might* be.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

Well just failed my MOT on Fast Idle test

CO2 at 0.42

and

Lambda at 0.986 which was in tolerance, but slightly low, which the guy said might be due to a rich fuel mix due to faulty lambda

its a 99 yaris CDX freetronic, anyone know where the lambda sensor is on it? and is it easy to change?

Ta

by the way 30 people looking and no reply is a little disheartening

Hi Lindy, the juddering could just be due to rich fueling due to sensor. Get that changed ad it may dissapear. It sounds like you would be driving with the equivilent of having a choke pulled out. Does it tend to do it more when the car gets warm, rather than from cold? if so, that may back up what I have said.

Good luck B)

Well had a guy around with his computer and plugged it in to my yaris, and said that no lambda fault was showing :S he checked ,my spark plugs and opened them to the right gap, but said I may need a new ignition coil as it souds like an intermittent fault on one of the coils, which is making the engine sound a little flat. can anyone confirm that this could be the problem before I Shell out for an ignition coil pack :S

Ta Muchly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links