Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engines

4raver

The 1.3 Engine in my new TR is identical in looks and size to the Four Pot 1.0 in the blue...I would guess that only the stroke is different...does this make the 1.0 stronger for tuning and if so what or where do I start...I have done a side by side comparison and they do look identical...Start with the air filter....upgrade or not...plugs...same again and exhaust change for something less restrictive. What I am looking for is a bit more grunt with better torque....Body mods on order are front splitters with boot spoiler and t'sport alloys...all the body mods are being painted in smoke metalic...I think this with the dark blue metallic paint on the body will look good...I need your help or should I stack it and buy a Celica :lol:

Assuming it's not a Japan import

1.0L = 1SZ

1.3L = 2SZ

Both the same family of engine and very closely related but not identical.

Deck height is different (distance from crank centre line to cylinder head) for example

Assuming it's not a Japan import

1.0L = 1SZ

1.3L = 2SZ

Both the same family of engine and very closely related but not identical.

Deck height is different (distance from crank centre line to cylinder head) for example

Yeah, I think the 1.3 is more closely related the the 1.5 lump.

1.5L engine is NZ family (1NZ) and is a whole different kettle of fish

Most obviously SZ uses cast iron thin cylinder blocks where as NZ uses Aluminium.

It was a visual thing only...now I know, what or rather how much potential for tuning does the 1.0 stand for...I am not after massive gains but a bit more torque and a few bhp would be nice without having to take the engine to bits....does the standard chip allow for a remap.....I looked at the standard air filter and it looks as though it gives good flow, I have also seen a performance air box with performance filter atabout £100.00...I was told the standard plugs are platinum and more than up to the job...where do I start....

You're right about the plugs. Not worth upgrading and won't give you any more power.

A good spark from any plug will give the same power output. The more expensive ones just tend to need less regapping to keep the required gap for that spark.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links