Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bonnet Repair/new Bonnet Needed

Mark-Manc

Hi all, i crashed into the back of someone this evening, must only have been around 10mph. Did no damage to the car i went into, but my bonnet has a nice dent in. There is also now a gap at each side where the side pannel meets the bonnet of about 8-10mm. There is a paint crack also. I have carlo blue paint, which i think it metallic. 03 plate.

How much do you think this would cost to repair.. if possible? - I can see from under the bonnet it would be very difficult to knock the dent out as it seems to be welded in 2 layers.

Also how much would it cost to have a new bonnet fitted, to the same colour.

Is there a good chance i may need other parts replaced?

FYI - the bonnet opens and closes ok.

Thanks for any quick responses, it will stop me from worrying and possibly feel a little calmer before i go on holiday. Im planning on getting it round to a few repair shops in the morning. :'(

Hi all, i crashed into the back of someone this evening, must only have been around 10mph. Did no damage to the car i went into, but my bonnet has a nice dent in. There is also now a gap at each side where the side pannel meets the bonnet of about 8-10mm. There is a paint crack also. I have carlo blue paint, which i think it metallic. 03 plate.

How much do you think this would cost to repair.. if possible? - I can see from under the bonnet it would be very difficult to knock the dent out as it seems to be welded in 2 layers.

Also how much would it cost to have a new bonnet fitted, to the same colour.

Is there a good chance i may need other parts replaced?

FYI - the bonnet opens and closes ok.

Thanks for any quick responses, it will stop me from worrying and possibly feel a little calmer before i go on holiday. Im planning on getting it round to a few repair shops in the morning. :'(

You may find it cheaper to get a bonnet from a scrapyard. If you can find one in the right colour, better still!

I had very ninor damage to a door when some smarty-pants kid thought it would look nicer with a dent in. It cost a grand to fit a new doorskin, painted and evrything. Luckily, insurance covered it.

Thanks for the reply. Its going to be expensive then, if it cost you a grand for a door. Im reluctant to claim on insurance as its my 1st year driving. Plus my excess is £450.. I am not too sure how it will effect my insurance for next year if i make a claim

Thanks for the reply. Its going to be expensive then, if it cost you a grand for a door. Im reluctant to claim on insurance as its my 1st year driving. Plus my excess is £450.. I am not too sure how it will effect my insurance for next year if i make a claim

I had full no claims, protected so I shouldn't have been penalised for a small claim.

Bare in mind too, I said doorskin, not a whole door. The skin is just the outer, painted panel which has to be removed and replaced with a new one, re-fitting locks, etc and painting. It was am insurance approved repairer so you may get cheaper if you pay yourself and ask them if they will do a cash price. (No vat). I can't recommend this, you understand. :rolleyes:

Also, if the damage is minor, they may pull out some of the damage and then fill the dent and paint it. Cheaper than new bits.

As you said there is a gap at each end I would get a bodyshop to look at it first to make sure all it needs is a new bonnet.

Try breakers yards. Also some on eBay.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...le=yaris+bonnet

Also bodyshop warehouse sell them. You could get a local place to spray and fit. http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/categor...-2003-not-verso

Nickp.

thats for your replies, i will take it to a bodyshop first to see if it can be repaired. My insurance is not protected, so i think paying for itmyself will be the cheaper option all round.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links