Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Steering Circuit

Floctu

Hey all,

Having some issues with mypower steering not working. Pump seems ok, plenty of fluid etc.

Is there a relay on the circuit anywhere? and where can it be found.

Other ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike

There is a relay mate. It's known to stick.

Turn the car on/off fast about 20 times or so (without starting it, just turn so the ignition is on).

This should sort out the relay.

Jim

There is a relay mate. It's known to stick.

Turn the car on/off fast about 20 times or so (without starting it, just turn so the ignition is on).

This should sort out the relay.

Jim

That old trick!!

Floctu says

must of been jims idea that worked for me.

Spent all day messing about with it with my dad. Testing wires for power. We found the relay and got it clicking, disconnected it and estabilished it was for power steering.

Found we had power going to pump but no sign of the actual motor working. decided that the motor had gone so gave up and went to think about money like you do. Went to drive it home and it was absolutly fine

Where is the relay???

The MR2 doesn't seem to have working PAS, although the warning light comes on and goes off as it should... Not that MR2s need it.... Its just nice to have everything working as it should.

Where is the relay???

The MR2 doesn't seem to have working PAS, although the warning light comes on and goes off as it should... Not that MR2s need it.... Its just nice to have everything working as it should.

u definatly know about it when it stops working. relay is under the cover on right hand side of bonnet.

Mike

Hey all,

Having some issues with mypower steering not working. Pump seems ok, plenty of fluid etc.

Is there a relay on the circuit anywhere? and where can it be found.

Other ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike

is this where the power stearing seems to stop working if left idleing. ive only just got mine the celica used to do it a bit. it dont bother me much just currious kicks back up again when start to move. and yes it does have the power steering lol

• 5 months later...

(I own an MR2 MKII revision 2)

Today has been freezing.

Jumped in the car to drive home (from work) and thought I had a flat tyre. It turned out all tyres were fine. Then I spotted a P/S light on the dash.

Will investigate tomorrow. With any luck it just the relay.

I’ll try the switching on/off method. If that don’t work I’ll buy a new relay (were are the relays on the MR2 located?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links