Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con

Tanuki

my SRs Aircon is cool but not cold so I am guessing it needs regassing.

is this something you can do yourself or does it have to go to somone to have it done?

cheers

my SRs Aircon is cool but not cold so I am guessing it needs regassing.

is this something you can do yourself or does it have to go to somone to have it done?

cheers

Hi Tanuki,

There is a gas you can get from automotive shops like Halfords, etc that can be used on the Yaris, along with many other cars.

It costs around twenty quid, if memory serves me right and the mentioned outlet often has a 'giveaway' air-con cleaner that would cost an aditional fiver.

First thing though, have you checked the air-con pollen filter thingy in behind the glovebox? if this is filthy, as is often the case, it will impede on the output of the air-con. Take it out, give it a good hoover and try again. If a little improvement, and it looks cleen, you may need the gas. If it is still filthy after hoovering, you may need a new filter. (£20 from Toyota).

If you need to gas, follow the instructions with care as you need to make sure you connect to the correct valve on the air-con system. I think it is the low pressure one but I am not positive as I am away from home, so cant check.

The cannister will tell you and an owners manual (Haynes or similar) may help.

If you are still a bit unsure, Kwik-fit offer a re-gas for about fifty quid and if there is less than ten percent difference when they have finished, you dont pay! B)

I made a comment on a similar thread CLICKY HERE

Kingo :thumbsup:

PS Never blow out or hoover out a pollen filter, it absorbs very tiny amounts of particulates that you do not want to breath in. A new filter is electrostaticaly charged, so that these particulates are attracted to the filter and stick to it. The old filter should be boxed and binned without breathing the dust

cheers for the pointers I took it to my local garage and they recharged the system for me...only problem is he says that there was no gas in it at all so it looks like I may have a leak although TBF if it has never been done in 6 years I am not to worried as I am thinking of upgrading to a T sport next year anyway.

mmmmmm cool fridge type car.

That is what happens when you dont use the A/C enough, the seals shrink back and the system loses pressure. Have an A/C service done every few years, it will help in the long run

That is what happens when you dont use the A/C enough, the seals shrink back and the system loses pressure. Have an A/C service done every few years, it will help in the long run

I intend to..trouble with mine is I only bought the car last year so dont know the history.

thanks for the advise :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links