Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Remote Fob Works To Unlock The Car But Does'nt Not Work

Kolfizz

Ok, I'm having problems with the key fob for my yaris, it unlocks my doors but when i want to lock them, it does not work, so i have to lock the door manually. :unsure:

I doubt the batterries running out as I also tried my spare key fob and have exactly the same problem. :(

Please help and thanks to all answers in advance. :P

Nope same happened with me unfortunatly i had to get a new key mate unless you want to use the key to lock it :( i dont have a spare key fob for mine tho :| only a grey coloured one

Ok, I'm having problems with the key fob for my yaris, it unlocks my doors but when i want to lock them, it does not work, so i have to lock the door manually. :unsure:

I doubt the batterries running out as I also tried my spare key fob and have exactly the same problem. :(

Had similar issues on the RAV would not unlock the the car (having locked it) used key in door but then alarm went off...much stabbing of button to will power back into fob and worked... Funnily both fobs I had did the same thing... Had to lock RAV with key for couple of days as had no time to get spare Battery....Right pain as when you turn ignition off all doors unlock....So had to ensure all doors locked before leaving....

Any how, found replacement batteries and small screw driver to get screws out (very very small screws don't loose em) and replaced batteries in both fobs...now all working as normal... and double locking as well....

Hi, I had prob with fob. Thought it was batteries as five years old, got 'em replaced but no better. Took fob apart and cleaned up internals, worked on the button, ever since! :yahoo:

BTW, if you lock doors manually, can you not only unlock them manually too, or is that just the boot? I have never used the keys as keys(?) except to test 'em when I first got the car.

exact same problem with mine :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links