Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extended Warranty - Whats Covered

Jonnie H

Hi Everybody,

Some advice needed. I took my 2004 Lc3 for a yearly service. When I returned to the garage to collect it they informed me that my turbo had blown and there was a few other items that required fixing, brake calibres had seized, wiring fault with the tow bar electrics.

Previous to the service there was no indications that anything was wrong with the Landcrusier.

I bought it from Border Toyota (St Boswells) Scotland, as an approved Toyota vehicle (with full service history & 36,000 miles on the clock)and then moved to N.Ireland where I took it to the local dealer for its service before the one year extended warranty had run out. I

The garage have not replaced the turbo yet as they said it has to be inspected by Toyota Uk to find out why it failed and they think its not covered under an extended warranty, they have said they cannot provide a courtesy vehicle as they do not have one available for ten days. Its been with them for five days so far and still no answer.

Does any-one know if a turbo is covered under extended warranty.

Jonnie h

You will have warranty documents in your car to tell you what and what isnt covered.

If it was a genuine Toyota extended warranty, I think you will find it is just like an extention of the manufacturers warranty. The calipers should be covered but your wiring fault on the towbar would not, as it is an accessory and the warranty on accessories is not extended

Courtesy cars are not a right so they dont have to supply one, however most dealers would loan you a car, subject to availability.

Kingo :thumbsup:

You will have warranty documents in your car to tell you what and what isnt covered.

If it was a genuine Toyota extended warranty, I think you will find it is just like an extention of the manufacturers warranty. The calipers should be covered but your wiring fault on the towbar would not, as it is an accessory and the warranty on accessories is not extended

Courtesy cars are not a right so they dont have to supply one, however most dealers would loan you a car, subject to availability.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo for the reply. I am offshore at the moment and its my wife thats trying to sort this out. I hope your right and the turbo is covered as I am sure this would be expensive.

It just very frustrating that its taking them so long to lets us know the outcome and we have to keep chasing them to get an update.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links