Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sticking Immobilizer

Distro

The new motor's immobilizer (which im getting replaced) keeps staying on even though i've got the keys in the ignition with the fob for it hanging on it.

Fob says "autowatch" on it and it's doing my head in not being able to start the car because it's going to a garage on Tues and if it won't start i'll have to get it towed.

Can't wait till the TOAD system is in...

scratch that, got the engine started but was presented a new problem...

engine spluttered a lot but finally ran normally after i pressed the accelerator a little, second or two later there was smoke so i turned the ignition straight off. Popped the bonnet and the smoke appeared to be coming from the manifold. bare in mind my problem with the water hose after having driven 100 miles with no problems there was a lot of smoke/steam and the car was immediately pulled over. when a recovery guy got there he ran the engine (no smoke) but said the radiator was staying stone cold.

Please don't say i bought a duff motor ¬_¬

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links