Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.4 D4d 2008

scenic

Hi! Just ordered a new 5dr Yaris 1.4 d4d SR. Part-exchanging my Micra 1.5 dci. Found the engine in the Micra superb, but wasn't impressed with build quality and comfort. Just wondered what your thoughts are, especially on the engine? I've read on different sites that it is noisy!

The DCi engine used in the Renaults and Nissans is more refined. Under heavy accelleration the 1.4 engine really is loud. So loud in fact I was embarressed to put my foot down when I had passangers. The engine isn't the bad bit, though. I got rid of my 07 D4D after 8 months, an indication that the Yaris is rather poor in terms of build quality, and the dealers leave a lot to be desired.

The Toyota D-4D engine was chosen by BMW to be used in the diesel Mini because BMW did not have a small diesel that was so efficient, economical or reliable.

It is an excellent engine :thumbsup:

Hi! Just ordered a new 5dr Yaris 1.4 d4d SR. Part-exchanging my Micra 1.5 dci. Found the engine in the Micra superb, but wasn't impressed with build quality and comfort. Just wondered what your thoughts are, especially on the engine? I've read on different sites that it is noisy!

My D4D is nearly i year old and i can vouch that it is indeed an excellent engine in an excellent car, it's not noisy and its pretty darn quick as well, i hope you enjoy your car as much as i enjoy mine.

Chris.

The Toyota D-4D engine was chosen by BMW to be used in the diesel Mini because BMW did not have a small diesel that was so efficient, economical or reliable.

It is an excellent engine :thumbsup:

That was then, this is now! BMW have an excellent 1.6 diesel in the cooper (110hp and 72.4mpg combined - quite a bit more economic than the 1.4 D4D, partly down to the efficient dynamics system), and aren't releasing a diesel for the One. My 2.0 diesel has EXACTLY the same mpg figure as the 1.4D4D, but mines got 143hp and is worlds apart in terms of noise. The clattery old D4D range has a long way to go even to match HDis or DCis in the small french cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links