Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Sim

les14

Hi new to this forum purchased my yaris sr a month ago its had one new sim looks like its about to have another is anybody else having this problem with their tom tom sim.

Hi,

Yes, got my SR a month ago too and the sim card on the sat nav packed up after 3 days. The screen just kept showing the card with a red cross through it. Took it back and the dealer changed the card straight away. They said it was a problem that Toyota know about and that it was due to problems when you link your phone to it.

However, thats not the worst problem I've had with the stereo. Yesterday when I tried to eject a CD the front panel slid open but no CD came out and the the panel wouldn't go back and none of the stereo buttons would work!! Currently I am waiting for a new stereo to be fitted, it's on order for today.

I have a feeling that this stereo is maybe too much technology to be reliable!

Hi,

Yes, got my SR a month ago too and the sim card on the sat nav packed up after 3 days. The screen just kept showing the card with a red cross through it. Took it back and the dealer changed the card straight away. They said it was a problem that Toyota know about and that it was due to problems when you link your phone to it.

However, thats not the worst problem I've had with the stereo. Yesterday when I tried to eject a CD the front panel slid open but no CD came out and the the panel wouldn't go back and none of the stereo buttons would work!! Currently I am waiting for a new stereo to be fitted, it's on order for today.

So the Toyota Tomtom uses a Sim ??? I would have thought an SD card would be used as it is in all tomtoms that do not have an internal hard drive .

the red cross issue is a well known problem with the tomtom SD cards and hard drives and is caused by corrupted software .

If you have a look at this site and do a search you get a lot of info

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

Hi,

The sat nav does have an SD card not a sim card, as with other Tom Toms, just a mis-term! Yes, the dealer said the sd was corrupted and just replaced it.

Further on from my earlier post re the stereo the dealer has just contacted me to say that Toyota have modified the front panel on those particular stereos and will be sending it out on Thursday. Looks like there may have been a few problems with it already.

Hi,

So the Toyota Tomtom uses a Sim ??? I would have thought an SD card would be used as it is in all tomtoms that do not have an internal hard drive .

the red cross issue is a well known problem with the tomtom SD cards and hard drives and is caused by corrupted software .

If you have a look at this site and do a search you get a lot of info

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

Thank's for the reply's new sd card fitted now i know what one is will see how long it last's this time

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links