Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Dealers

ae111sr

RANT MODE ON

Can you believe that a Toyota main dealer needs a chassis number before he can sell me an oil filter????

OK I've got a 4a-gze engine from a Japanese Toyota Levin transplanted into my 1998 Corolla so the chassis number won't do him any good anyway - so I tell him I've got a 91 Corolla GTi with a 4a-ge engine just to make it easy for him - the blocks are almost exactly the same. So what does he try to sell me? A filter that specifically says on the outside of the box NOT FOR 4A-G series engines. When I point this out he tries to palm me off with some story that that's the one they supply blah blah blah and he MUST have the chassis number to reference it. I walked out. It took me an hour round trip and come back with empty hands. ARRRGHHHHHH

RANT MODE OFF

Can ayone help me with a part number for the correct filter or a chassis number for a 1990/91 Corolla GTi?

Can you access to the part # in the one installed in your engine? If so, then go with that number and ask for an identical. (they follow the book, that's why they try to sell u a std...)

And The should also sell you the part just knowing the # of your engine, because the books and software the factory provides to find parts, have different ways to find it, by Part #, by VIN #, by chassis # and by ENGINE #

Hope this helps

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Hi Coyote,

The one that's on there at the moment is like the one they tried to sell me - that's the reason I want to change it - it's not right for the engine. Maybe I'll just have to get another like the one I have for the time being and try to get the proper unit again.

Just checked on ADL/Blueprint electronic catalogue for ya. Cos you can go in by country of manufacture :P Blueprint part no is ADT32112 if it's any help. It's one of the most popular oil filters on a Toyota they're just being f :censor: kin awkward. Go to any decent motor factors, who stock ADL, give em that number any they'll sort you out :yes:

And if you get the ADL/Blueprint one they're crackin quality, all they're stuff is :thumbsup:

Oh and it'll be half the price <_<

Right top of my head a genuine filter for your mote is part number.......90080-91045 and its 7 quid plus yer VAT.....this is from a proper Toyota employee.....i shall not self destruct..

Thank you Chris - I just don't understand why they have to be so damned awkward. They have lost a customer who won't be going back. Thanks again for your help

reminds me of the time I went into ford to get a throttle position sensor.. "what cars it for?" he asked innocently..

"its a 1.0 fiesta kingfisher *pause* with a 2.0 mondeo series 2 zetec engine *pause* and RS1800 management"

think it was the guys first day too :lol::lol::lol:

I've had this problem before.. they won't sell you a part unless you have your chasis #.

A pain in the ***** !! I was wanting a rev3 bootlock, finally they gave me one after hufffing and puffing....

some Toyota dealers are ok... some are just complete prats.

i was after a t-sport bodykit from them when i had my yaris GS

again they wanted the chassis # and cos it wasnt a t-sport registered chassis they wouldnt let me buy it! about 800 quid (and the rest) and they wouldnt sell me owt!!!

plus it was the most useless parts man on the planet the word TOYOTA didnt even register!

and sideskirts are apparently glorified mudflaps! :wacko: tw :ffs: t

:thumbsup:

like dazh said just go to your local motor factor,why bother going to toyota and getting stresed it will be cheaper anyway.when i first got the glanza i took it to them for a service,they wanted €130 and the car for two hours plus, f**k that........

took it to a private garage behind my house cost me €40 for the service,and filter, valvoline and plugs from local motor factor came to under €30.oh yeah and the guy did the service while i was there took him maybe 20 minates.no stress only results. :)

Thank you Chris - I just don't understand why they have to be so damned awkward. They have lost a customer who won't be going back. Thanks again for your help

They're rubbish, a certain dealer in Waterlooville who shall remain nameless. I enquired about wether the Matrix was coming to UK and was told 'yes, we will have 1 in 10 days', so i told everyone on the site. Someone was interested and said they might drive there to have a look. Well i hope they didn't cos when i went to look........... you guessed it, 5 door Corolla. I was then called a liar also tried to sell me completely the wrong bushes for my suspension. :( Main dealers are the most untrustworthy out of all the garages.

i had the same prob wen i wanted a t-sport spoiler i managed to deal with an excellent rep who has now left because no one liked the way he worked, but it took me 6 months till i got a sales rep to sort it parts were havin none of it, app u can a t-sport kit wel i read the infront (toyota mag) and it was an idea they where toying with so whether u can get them or not i dont kno, but if u can get em id av one but not for 800 unpainted i kno alot of ppl dont like the carcept kit but £550 its loads cheaper but be carful its fiberglass!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links