Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Extended Warranty - Is It Worth Taking It Out.

devastator

I have a :

Toyota Yaris 1.3 CDX - Sep 2002

This is currently under Toyota extended warranty until next month. I've not had to make a claim yet so not sure how good they are. Next month will be the last time I can extend the warranty due to the age. My options for extending for 2 years are:

Unlimited Mileage - £555

20,000 Mileage Limit - £525

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/...&page2=TRUE

Question is..... is it worth it?

Has anyone experience of making a claim?

Do they only allow a claim if the item has stopped working or will they allow claims if an item is identified as faulty but still wokring?

Does the policy include:

Paying for diagnostic time

Replacing more than 1 part for the same fault

Then ask how much would a repair cost if you didn't take out the policy. (and much interest would you get if left the money in a high interest saving account for the year).

It's like all insurance you bet something will go wrong, the insurer bets it won't.

Policy does not pay for diagnosis time. Yes they will replace more than 1 part for the same fault... and looking at it, they will only replace a part when it has failed and not if it is about to fail.

Anyone have extended warranty and taken their car in ? did they try to sidestep and make you pay for the problem?

These warranties are operated by companies like "the warranty group", only the cars manufacturer warranty is operated by Toyota. You will be able to buy the same thing for about half the price if you go online and have a search around. The dealer takes a nice slice of commission out of these warranties.

How many miles has your car done? Does it have Full Service History?

Check the small print very carefully as most extended warranties wont cover items such as exhausts,catalytic converters,brakes,clutches etc

My advice: buy the warranty (but not off Toyota) if you want or put the money in the bank and top it up each month with £20 and give yourself a nice little fund incase you do have to pay some money out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links