Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Linea Luna (sr?)

gymrat

Hi all, I' m new to this forum and I've just bought my first Yaris! On the DVLA log book it says the model is an 1.3cc 'SR' but the Badge on the back of the boot says 'Linea Luna'. It's a 2000 'X' reg, RHD, 3 door and has colour coded bumpers.

It doesn't have:

TTE Badge under rear spoiler

TTE big exhaust pipe

SR badges infront of wing mirrors and or on wheel centre caps

But it does have:

15" multi spoke alloys same as SR

Rear spoiler

leather sport steering wheel

Aircon and CD

Does anyone know what model I've bought and is this a European import? I paid for a HPI check before I bought it and the RAC said that it wasn't imported from outside the EU.

Anyway I thought it was a good buy because 1 owner, 59,000 miles and paid £2300 for it!

It's an EU import, couldn't tell you where from though, maybe Rep of Ireland as its RHD?

My 2001 Yaris was a Linea Luna model as well. Didn't have anything like the normal spec SR apart from cd player and air con, but on the log book it was classed as an SR too.

There was a discussion about this about 2-3 months ago I think and I'm sure I remember someone mentioning this particular batch may have been imported from Belgium??

Wow thats really weird! I have heard of anything after Sept 01 not having the TTE back box anymore but not spoiler and SR badges!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, I' m new to this forum and I've just bought my first Yaris! On the DVLA log book it says the model is an 1.3cc 'SR' but the badge on the back of the boot says 'Linea Luna'. It's a 2000 'X' reg, RHD, 3 door and has colour coded bumpers.

It doesn't have:

TTE badge under rear spoiler

TTE big exhaust pipe

SR badges infront of wing mirrors and or on wheel centre caps

But it does have:

15" multi spoke alloys same as SR

Rear spoiler

leather sport steering wheel

Aircon and CD

Does anyone know what model I've bought and is this a European import? I paid for a HPI check before I bought it and the RAC said that it wasn't imported from outside the EU.

Anyway I thought it was a good buy because 1 owner, 59,000 miles and paid £2300 for it!

If the log book says sr, I would suggest that it is. Does the boot spoiler have a small, flat panel mid-way along its length? If so, the TTE Badge may have been lost over time as they are just a vinyl bubble type stick on jobbie. Mine can slide a bit.

A standard model wouldn't have had a leather steering wheel at that age either so if it is a genuine Toyota one, it may be real. The stickers near the front mirrors were not always applied, specially if imported, as other countries may have had a different model name for it. They (Used to) be available from Toyota main dealers and look much nicer on. My CDX ones were a few pounds each, I recon yours will be too!

Again, the wheel caps may not have had the badges for the same reason, they may be available still but I think you may have to buy the caps, not just the badges. If that is the case, try asking here if someone has a set or try eBay as the dealers prices may be extortionate. (Parts-king, on this site, may be able to help though... He seems to offer better discounts to TOC members).

Again, aircon was a standard on your model. A lower spec model would have had to spend another thou or so, to get it fitted.... Not likely as you would just buy a higher spec to start with!

I recon you have an imported sr so dont worry, just get the bits you are missing, if you feel you want them. It would make it look a bit nicer. gar. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have just read with interest some members queries regarding their Yaris Linea Luna models.

I have just purchased a 2001, Y reg, metallic yellow yaris with a Badge on the tailgate showing a crescent moon with the words 'linea lunar' underneath. The car is a 3 door japanese built model. It's right hand drive with electric windows and leather steering wheel and gear knob. It doesn't have any other extras like air-con, cd player or alloys etc. Unfortunately the car is a cat c insurance write off so I haven't got the log book yet but when I've typed the registration in a dvla search it only returns the chassis and engine numbers and not the model. The other members who've posted comments about their linea luna yaris' appear to have cars with SR spec. It does appear these models are european imports, as after googling 'yaris linea luna' the majority of hits appear to be cars for sale in other european countries and marked up in euros.

Just thought I'd add another slant on the linea luna mystery.

:rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links