Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Don't Want To Know The Answer!

Bizarra

i dont think anyone is having a go about it.

i just think what was typed has been misunderstood.

i think what most people believe is you are doing a fantastic thing but im guessing we all believe the government should do more.

xx

To be fair though, I'm not pressuring people to donate.

I posted one thread, which someone else has been kindly bumping on my behalf and I sent one email out to a few friends - I've not hounded anyone for money so to say people are being "pressured" is quite frankly rather daft! :rolleyes:

Em,

It isn't fair that you should be taking flak for what I thought was a good idea (at the time :wacko: )

You were in no way pressurising people, &, indeed, I didn't think I was either.

I just wanted to start people thinking, & having thought, either send a subscription or not.

As it said on the Tin :lol: , twice, "I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER"

I got the answers, & after some of them, felt like crawling into bed & pulling the blanket over my head. :crybaby:

Please don't feel you have to apologise for my misdeeds.

On the + side, at least some members understood :thumbsup:

aww hun, dont get too cut up about it.

as i said a few posts up, i think it was just misunderstood.

thats the problem with forums, what you type can be easily misunderstood. people cant tell in what context things are meant.

everyone knows you didnt mean it the way it seemed to come out

xx

To be fair though, I'm not pressuring people to donate.

I posted one thread, which someone else has been kindly bumping on my behalf and I sent one email out to a few friends - I've not hounded anyone for money so to say people are being "pressured" is quite frankly rather daft! :rolleyes:

I don't think there's a person on TOC who feels you've pressured them into donating. All you've done is said you're trying to raise money & posted the link to enable people to pledge money to the cause so you seriously have no reason to feel aggrieved because nobody's having a go at you.

I'm looking at doing a 5k in August & there's every chance I'll be doing the same thing you have (just need to decide whether something I don't consider that much of a challenge is worth the effort fundraising when I'm planning to really push the fundraising if/when I do the full marathon) so don't worry, you've done nothing wrong & I doubt there's a person on the boards who disagrees

Who is feeling pressurised?

I havnt seen any remarks personalised at either bizzara or DA that state that. Also, I think to say that the stimulated discussion is a 'misunderstanding' is kind of neglecting that the thread has stimulated quite a passionate discussion...

only ppl here taking flak are the NHS and the government ;)

I havnt seen any remarks personalised at either bizzara or DA that state that. Also, I think to say that the stimulated discussion is a 'misunderstanding' is kind of neglecting that the thread has stimulated quite a passionate discussion...

i didnt say the discussion was a misunderstanding, i said that what was written was clearly misunderstood.

xx

i didnt say the discussion was a misunderstanding, i said that what was written was clearly misunderstood.

xx

well, 'what was written' doesnt explicitly indicate any particular part of the discussion so I took this to indicate the whole thing :)

kind of like....

There is a discussion....

What was written is a misunderstanding...

Therefore the discussion is a misunderstanding...

my mistake :D

Discussions are always good anyway... its when ppl stop talking to each other that the worst problems arise imo :thumbsup:

i do agree that cancer is a big killer, my dad died of it 2 weeks ago :(

However People should give if they want to, not just because they feel guilty for not giving,

everyone has their own opinions of who deserves what.

For example i do not give to childrens chairtys, its my choice.

Asha it is a worthy cause, through people kindly giving, people like me are still alive,

i was treated with 2 of the most upto date drugs Herceptin & Arimidex,

If they did not have the funding to test those drugs, they would not have been made available for me.

[ i do think that the goverment should be paying instead of people like Em having to do charity runs ]

i will be sending you a donation Em nearer the day :thumbsup:

Very sorry for your recent loss. I too, lost my dad to cancer some years ago - very quick - 3 months. I agree with all you say - people have their own causes. I don't think Bizarra was intending to hound or offend anyones charitable intentions - it was a genuine post to help a fellow member.

To be honest there was nothing to misunderstand......what you were trying to do imo was raise a greater awareness with regards to what DA is doing and to help with creating sponsorship money for her chosen charity.

Mebbe it could have been worded differently with less impact on any TOCers who have not contributed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links