Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Price Of Fuel!

Jeffrz

Hi,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7420792.stm

Look at the price graph at the bottom of the page. Fuel has gone up from 88 to £1.25 a liter in just over a year. This is rediculous. People seem to be resigned to talking about how much fuel has gone up by today sit back, relax never mind what is on the telly tonight. I am not usually one to make a fuss but this is rediculous!

I know my pay has not gone up in line with these changes. I have a 40 mile commute 80 miles a day. I cannot use public transport as it would make a my 50 minute drive to work in to a 2 hour effort including two taxis and a train.

Grr spit spit. Good luck to the protesters. Don't care if they are only protesting about Hauliers diesel reduction hopefully someone will take a hint.

Jeff

its pathetic!

although i did get a jice surprise on sat.

i was in the que at my local tesco petrol stn when i saw the guy who works in the walking over to where all the prices are. i thought he was about to put the prices up again and i sat there quietly fuming, untill i saw him drop them by 2 pence!

not alot of a drop but a refreshing change from the usual 2p increse!

xx

Lots has been said on this forum and other's

That's all it is at the moment...It takes the truckers to do something...I'm all for them and wish I could do more...but one voice against the government ain't much...Signed the petition going around again...

I'm as you I cant use public transport, not for not wanting to, but just ease of use and accessibility...O and the COST

i work for a bus company and i get free travel. however, i wont use public transport because

1. as i said i work on the buses, i know how unreliable they are!

and 2. i would have to take 2 buses, a tube and a train to get to work!!

xx

ok ive got a 1996 toyota camry, and was wondering if any of you guys have added a cold air intake to yours? If so how have u done it, if not do you have any tips for me?

ok ive got a 1996 toyota camry, and was wondering if any of you guys have added a cold air intake to yours? If so how have u done it, if not do you have any tips for me?

Tip number 1

Make sure you post in the right topic

Tip number 2

Read tip number 1

:thumbsup:

Fuel went up in price again yesterday!

i was so happy on sat when it dropped by 2p then yesterday it went up by 3p!!!

its bloomin mental!

xx

Tip number 1

Make sure you post in the right topic

Tip number 2

Read tip number 1

:thumbsup:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

There is a notice on the drinks machine at my work saying from the 1st of June the drinks will go up in price due to the rise in fuel prices!!!!

Its getting everyone!

There is a notice on the drinks machine at my work saying from the 1st of June the drinks will go up in price due to the rise in fuel prices!!!!

Its getting everyone!

I was in Tesco a few days ago.....

Bought milk which costed £1.92 and now its £2.12........

What the hell is goin on ?? :unsure:

i heard that sailors from fisheries around the country are gonna go on strike because where local waters are short of fish, they have to sail further out to catch them and because the ever incresing price of fuel they are not making any profit.

it really is affecting everyone!

xx

Where as I would normally drive to a clients site when needed..Then put my expenses in ;) ;)

If a train station is near by...Work are paying for transport costs...Means I get up earlier but also less stressed and wasting fuel sat on the M25......

Diesel now at £1.29 in Middlesex where I work and £1.24 in Essex where I live...Now the fuel gauge has taken to racing the speedo...... :blink: :blink: :blink:

actually a cold air intake will improve gas milage there fore cutting down on the amount you have to spend on gas a year. so anything else?

actually a cold air intake will improve gas milage there fore cutting down on the amount you have to spend on gas a year. so anything else?

As a new member I can see how you may have missed the humor in the posts above. If you come back to it later I am sure you will find it funny.

Some people on these forums behave strangely of you go off topic.....never understood that but this forum tends to be relaxed.

You are right a cold air intake will help your fuel economy but is dependent on a number of other things too. I am not about to start discussing them all here but I am sure of you do a quick search of the forum you will uncover a number of discussions around this subject.

Welcome to TOC, I hope you enjoy it here

Oh yeah and the price of fuel is freeking ridiculous. Where we live we need two cars in my house with the wife and I both working and looking after two kids. The running of the cars is getting more and more expensive and what is there to be done about it? I cant understand how the economy is still running with all these costs increasing by the back door. It will lead to a recession, no joke. This increase in everything will catch up with us at some point, but the global fuel prices are going through the roof for a greedy few, producers and global traders. There is seriously no need for this fuel panic at the moment.

However in a world where we are simply using an unsustainable resource (fossil fuels) this must happen at some point. What will the world do when we actually run out of oil and when do you think that might be.

its pathetic!

although i did get a jice surprise on sat.

i was in the que at my local tesco petrol stn when i saw the guy who works in the walking over to where all the prices are. i thought he was about to put the prices up again and i sat there quietly fuming, untill i saw him drop them by 2 pence!

not alot of a drop but a refreshing change from the usual 2p increse!

xx

I was gonna ask you which one that was, but then you said it's gone up by 3p!

I just wish they'd say right this is enough and we need to get a grip on things - otherwise where will it all end? :S

Reported on Talksport tonight, Some garage somewhere in London selling Diesel for £1.53 a litre.

Theft IMO !

I get the bus to work 3 days a wk & use the car (not the CTS but a almera)or get a lift the remaining 2 days for last 3/4 months & the bus is quite poor for its price imo even though the CTS / almera is gd fuel economy for its car (s) that soon wont mean alot with prices going up all time & petrol could go up to £1.50 very soon :rolleyes: & mainly due to keeping mileage down on the CTS really, weekend car sort of ;) , cant get the train as i need to change & train costs more than bus & car! even if more & more switch to like a prius or civic ima i bet running of them cars would go up

its 3.49 Turkish liras (£1.47)/ litre in turkey

Eh... Maybe I should try and Import tons of fuel :/

• 2 weeks later...

Guys im afraid to say it goin to get alot worse

it prediected that it will be £1.50 per litre by September

and £2 per litre by next year...

i cant believe it .. its a F***ing JOKE"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links