Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Colora = Starlet? --> Shock Absorbers

M.T.Pilot

Hi,

I have an old toyota starlet (1989) which is badly in need of a new shock absorber (right one). I friend of mine has a "dead" toyota corola, which most probably is not going to ride again.

Does anyone of you know if shock absorbers of a corola can be used in a starlet?

Also, I'm not sure if the whole of the shock absorber needs replacing... the head-part seems to be the problem. The rubber has torn apart, so it is basically completely loose. If I lift the car, the wheel simply stays on the ground. It COULD fall out completely.

Anyway, please let me know if they are interchangeable.

regards,

M.T.Pilot

(b.t.w. I know it is best to replace both shock absorbers at the same time, and also to not use second hand ones.. but I'm on a small island and it is not easy to come by a reasonably priced shock absorber, plus, the car is old.. Don't want to invest too much money in it).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links