Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Import Speedo

martin_stain

Hi all,

I know that the issue of speedo conversion has probably been worried to death on here but cant find an answer to my prob in previous posts.The problem is as follows. I have a fresh import tubby with a stick on 110mph face fitted by the importer, I know from previous trips that at 90/100mph (on private roads of course :) ) the speedo reads about 5mph fast compared to my sat nav, however I took her out at the weekend and let her rip to see if the limiter cut in, by the time i decided that it was not going to kick in the white lines were merging into one straight one and the speedo was bouncing off the stop all the way round at 0mph if it is 5mph out at 100 i guess it was touching 140/150mph unfortunatly had left the sat nav at home so could not check it and dont fancy risking that sort of speed again for a while ( i like my licence)

Cut a long story short how do I fit a 180 speedo and calibrate it so it stops before it hits 0mph and has it been modified in the land of the rising sun? any way of telling without a rolling roadcheck?......................................................................

..............Hmmmm I have answered my own ? went out last night with the sat nav (on a private road obviously lol) and recorded 128mph B4 I ran out of straight so its off to the rolling road to see just what has been done to it.

just buy a 180mph speedo head and fit it, obviously you have a speed cut already, so that aint going to be an issue,

PM me i might be able to help you out m8.

Mo

• 2 weeks later...

My MR2 import has 120mph dials....so presuming this is still KM dials as the odomoeter is in KM's too. When the speedo says im doing 100mph car only feels about 70/80mph??

I dont mind working with KM's as i do everyday in my job! But wondering why the speedo overreads the speed?

THe car still only goes as fast over here as it did in japan and surely Toyota wouldn't selll a car here or there with such an out of calibrated speedo? would they?

Dan

I still have the stock 110mph in my tubby, speed is in mph, distance still reads K's but.....

speed limiter is removed via a'pexi rsm and i use that for a speedo too it's a lot more accurate once calibrated.

It's the future u tell thee!!,

but i do have a 180 set of clocks if anyone needs them (electonic type).

Mo

I still have the 110mph dials also, my friends say 'haha your car cant go over 110mph'... etc.

Mine still has the KMS face on it and it doesn't really bother me. I have bought it more for what it is rather than how fast it goes so 112mph or around is plenty enough for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links