Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rev5 Turbo

Rash@R.A.Motors

Hi all,

picked up a rev5 turbo today that i had imported from japan.. a 98 black tin top (excellent condition - well pleased with it)

Anyway upon lifting the engine lid i could see it had a different turbo on it and a few other bits..which i wasnt expecting..!!!

Had a look in the boot and it has an APEXI ECU.. however i have no AVCR/Hand commander so dont know how to monitor anything.. Also fitted to it is a BLITZ SDC (i think) could this be used to monitor boost and other stuff..???

As you probably know i am clueless about the mechanical side of things so any help gratefully welcome - Also idles a little lumpy therefore quite possible its got uprated cams..??!!??

Drove it easy from Liverpool docks no probs.. got local so i gave it some in 2nd/3rd and it certainly went well... however as soon as the revs got to about 6000rpm the engine light started flashing so i eased off and everything was back to normal.. the light only came on around 6krpm but the car didnt hesitate and there was no missing or anything..??

Sooooooo any ideas..? Apexi boost gauge sat at around 0.8bar when in 2nd gear around 6500rpm...

Pics to follow...

Congrats lad... I bumped into Q last night at Lahores and he was telling me that you had just picked up a DC5 and also this was on route today... :)

Im away this weekend but will pop over on Tuesday most likely to see whats what lad.. :)

Yep got the DC5 last night.. here's a sneak preview of the tubby.. fancy trading that bora of yours.

blakrev5is5.jpg

dont you dare tempt me bro... :lol:

I shall exchange with you for a week.. :P

good buy there rash,

dunno if this helps but, gimme a call after 5 30 or over the w/end, i might be able to help,

also i'll be sort-ish round ur area over the w/end, (ponty)

let me know doooood, if not i'll just take the turbo and pfc off ur hands :) lol

Mo

Hey Mo..

If your local would seriously appreciate it if you pop around.... :thumbsup:

here's a few pics..

here you - cr4p pics i know but will have to wait for Fizz and his camera :)

Turbo has the following written on it:

Serial No. RHX6 102900

SPEC: VA490032 0108

Any reccomendations as to who i should get working on it.. want someone local and want it doing asap.. :)

moddedrev5002ni2.jpg

moddedrev5004cw2.jpg

moddedrev5003yz1.jpg

moddedrev5001ry9.jpg

moddedrev5008uu5.jpg

moddedrev5009cc0.jpg

moddedrev5010te7.jpg

moddedrev5013lf4.jpg

moddedrev5014bb7.jpg

Apexi PFC, uprated turbo, its been tweaked to above average level of just slapping an exhaust on, so i would say it has uprated cams causing the lumpy idle, which would be normal.

It may need mapping to cope with our fuel as the PFC will have been mapped in japland to their conditions, this may explain the engine light...

That is looking a serious bit of kit Rash,

as Mc says i wouldn't be surprised if it's got a lot of internal work done,

i can't see from pics but looks like ext wastegated, swirl pots etc someone has spend some serious cash on that m8,

could very well be a fuel thing with it only happening at top end, it should throw error 52 knock sensor if it had bad/lower octane fuel, i'm not sure if PFC stores error codes like stock ecu does, but always worth checking for any codes see if it throws anything at you Rash. shame you can't get hold of a commander to plug in and see what it's saying.

Shaid from imoc/TBDev is over your way m8 and he knows a thing or 2, running a 10 sec tubby n all, might be worth giving him a call

i'll see what time i got spare n give you a ring m8,

Mo

oh yeah forgot about shaid... must see if i can get a number for him and give him a call over the weekend..

Cheers :thumbsup:

Defo need to get it looked at properly mate.

It will need a remap for our lower octane fuel.

Thanks all for advice...

Hopefully getting it serviced and looked over by Peter @ Sbits sometime this week and then have it booked with Ryan from 2bar tuning later this month for a remap :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Well I took the tubby earlier today to rstuning (www.rstuning.co.uk) where i met Ryan to get my tubby mapped.. Was running really lean however after a few tweaks and a couple of hours on the dyno it was running spot on and managed 341bhp at 1.3bar.... Now Ryan suggested the air temp was quite high and the intercooler fitted could be better...

So luckily a few moments later Shahid pulled in with a rev3 tubby and we got chatting and he suggested fitting a boot mount intercooler... Which would help keep the car cooler and increase the torque levels....

So after achieving 341bhp I am now going to get a boot mount fitted and then get it mapped by Ryan again and i should 'hopefully' see the magic 400bhp figure or something very close :) :)

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links