Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Half Life 2 /counter Stike Etc...

Karma Supra

Just out of interest, what do people think is an "acceptable" frame rate for playing?

I put everything to max, ran LCD resolution and got 47 fps on CS source... seemed a little jerky, what should I be aiming for?

Once you have seen it all at full res you don;t want to turn it down though :rolleyes:

With the flat panel monitors i don't really have any experience but with good ol trusty chunky monitors....

AFAIK above 60 ish frames a second and the screen is beginning to update faster than eyes can register.... also with chunkies make sure you have the refresh rate set as high as the monitor will cope with, this makes a big difference to visual pleasure. This is something I believe however that isnt alterable with lcd ones tho.

I just turn off certain features and then keep the resolution higher than it would be.... anisotropy and anti aliasing are the 2 I never use. Sync to monitor is always a good one ime to turn off as long as it doesnt cause image tearing in the game your playing. realistic and soft shadows can be intensive. specular or dynamic lighting and volumetric effects also...

I find it important for my wellbeing to make sure the frame rate is nice above all else, jerkiness really upsets my brain whereas slight graphical quality loss doesnt... blob shadows don't make me feel sick :D

Although some ppl dont think much to sli and granted one great card is better than 2, 2 great cards does a lot for a gaming rig Ive found....

Hope your new pc is meeting your expectations and yup everything on does look nice! ;)

Cheers I'll turn off a few bits and bobs to aim for 60+ ;)

Yup its meeting expectations so far, nice and quick, whisper quiet, only weak link is the cheapo graphics card, but that can be replaced in time, its a passive cooled one so will be good for the media pc :D

I manage to run Counter-Strike:Source at over 100FPS all max at a resolution of 1280 x 1024 (LCD) on a 19" TFT.

Sometimes if I have tons of Bots / Other people in servers or on custom maps it drops to around the 60-70 mark.

60 Is perfectly fine for playing, I used to play it at 40Fps on my old machine. Only really lagged when my ping was envolved.

Here's a couple of random pics! :D

cs_office0002.jpg

Theysux.jpg

2007_03_11.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n38/XRA...de_dust0000.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n38/XRA...s_italy0005.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links