Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stupid Question About Clutch/brake/accel Pedals

DefiantFrog

I'm off to Crete next week ( :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: ), and have hired a car. Its the first time I've driven a left hand drive car, and I am just wondering which way the pedals work...? Is it the same as a UK car (ie left to right > Clutch, Brake, Accelerator), or cos everything else is the wrong way round in a left hand drive car, have they been messing around with the pedals as well...?

Thanks all! :)

every left hand drive car I have driven has had the throttle under the right foot

every left hand drive car I have driven has had the throttle under the right foot

Yes same as the U.K. for all l.h.d.

if this is your first time you might hit the door when trying to change the gear, you could keep one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear stick

you might turn in the junction on the wrong side, I sometime still do this

you might drive incorrectly when you get back in the UK, I always do this

you might also driver very close to the kerb and scare the passenger

dont speed, its an instant fine with no points on the licence

Can you imagine trying to drive the other way round??!!

I know, and exactly why I suddenly got concerned that I was going to be stranded at the airport at 4 in the morning, learning how to drive again!!

if this is your first time you might hit the door when trying to change the gear, you could keep one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear stick

Awesome, thanks! :) I'll have a co-pilot as well, who should put me right on anything I completely mess up. I know about the speeding thing. Strange thing is, everywhere I look on the internet, I keep getting different advice on speed limits! Think I'll just ask when I get there. And from what I understand about Crete, its common place to drive with two wheels over the hard-shoulder/close to pavement, to allow anyone going faster than I am to overtake me. Seems odd (and somewhat dangerous on motorways!), but when in Crete... (doesn't quite work does it?)

I know, and exactly why I suddenly got concerned that I was going to be stranded at the airport at 4 in the morning, learning how to drive again!!

Awesome, thanks! :) I'll have a co-pilot as well, who should put me right on anything I completely mess up. I know about the speeding thing. Strange thing is, everywhere I look on the internet, I keep getting different advice on speed limits! Think I'll just ask when I get there. And from what I understand about Crete, its common place to drive with two wheels over the hard-shoulder/close to pavement, to allow anyone going faster than I am to overtake me. Seems odd (and somewhat dangerous on motorways!), but when in Crete... (doesn't quite work does it?)

sometimes you have to drive like others to fit in

Palma, its common to drive over two lanes

Spain/Palma, they go through red lights if turning right

Turkey, they go through red lights, if you stop at red lights and there is no traffic the guy behind you will beep at you, if the lights turn green and you are not moving they will beep at you

France, these people cant drive

China, traffic lights are decoration only, they drive on the wrong side of the road aswell

I've learnt how to left foot brake in my auto's but i couldnt begin to imagine what using your right foot for the clutch would be like :wacko:

What gets me mainly is reversing looking over my right hand shoulder.

Its easy though...

It did cross my mind when I 1st thought about driving abroad, not sure if I could cope with the pedals being messed about along with the other changes, I think it'll be difficult enough as it is without that to contend with

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links