Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Donnington Park...

TheNissanMan

Wow, I've just got back from a weekend in Nottingham staying with one of the IMOC (International MR2 Owners Club) peeps for a meet they had organised at Donnington. I would have posted but all allocations were already full.

I wasn't driving but met up, there were 26 MR2's on track, a few formula fords, racing porsches as well and it was amazing. Must have been another 15-25 MR2's off track as well.

I managed to get 5 rides in various MR2's, most fun had to be the Mk1 Supercharger, drifting around every bend.

I have to get my car on the track even as a passenger I couldn't stop giggling to myself, I was only in a car that spun once all day and had a great day out.

Are there enough people on the forum who would be interested in a track/airfield day in their cars as its something we could look at for next year.

Hi Rhaines,

I've always wanted to do a track day but always felt alittle unsure about going on one which has thousands of cars bombing around at the same time!!!! (the ones which you see in Max Power and the like) Would be great to see what the cars are capable of though. I only live 10miles from Donnigton and have been a few times. Surprised so few cars spun off as this is a very hard track to follow, so I'm told. Keep us informed.:D

Pretty much all the cars that went were very sensible, no max muppets, majority of cars Saturday were MR2's (26 on track) with some MX5-s, a couple of scoobys, some formula fords, a gt porsche, racing spec rover (don't laugh he was v. quick) and a peugot 106 which was faster than expected.

As the bookatrack organisers were hot on track rules everybody behaved and a lot of first timers on track, I will definately be going again after seeing that there is nothing to worry about.

Donnington also has a lot of run of space so not a problem in that department as long as you don't mind a jet wash afterwards you should be ok!

Erm I'll be there :)

As long as there's run off space anyway, still a nervous track person. I'll be the one with the indicator on permanently letting everyone pass and getting overtaken by the village idiot in a Robin Reliant.....

Well maybe not that bad !!

I'll be doing as many trackdasy as the wallet allows and when I cant afford to be on track I'll turn into the trackday groupie :)

Even as a spectator/passenger it's all good fun !

I have allways loved the idea of going round a track(and Donny is my fav and only 1 hour away)but wont it remove the thread from the rears rather rapidly.As for doing it the £145/£160 approx Im afraid is just too much for me at the moment.:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links