Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange E-mail Request

cfc1

I just received this Email...

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:02:06 -0400

To: paradise_park@hotmail.com

Subject: ZZW30 Turbo kit

I saw photographs of your MR2 Spyder with the turbo kit here: http://www.prolex-uk.com/cgi-bin/forum/Bla...1196237984/s-9/

Do you still own the car? I am writing a book, and am interested in using some of the images for publication if you own the rights to the photographs, and are interested in donating the images for use.

--

Cheers,

Terry Heick

Has anyone ever heard of him?.. has this type of thing happened to anyone here or anyone you know? I just find it a bit strange. Not that it is concerning me... the pictures are allready in the public domain so I don't think "owning the rights" comes into it, however it was nice of him to ask permission :lol:

I done a search on his name, It looks like he is/was a member on MR2.com and seemingly helped in the book car hacks and mods for dummies.

It also looks like he is some kind of photographer, whether amateur or proffesional I don't know lol. I just want to make sure this isn't some kind of scam, but on the face of what I have saw, it seems plausible he is writing this book.

I am going to email him back asking more about him and this book he is writing before I say he can use any pictures.

He’s checking to see if your pictures are copyright before he uses them. Most pro photographers have their work copyrighted. If you don’t mind your work being reproduced without payment then let him use them.

You could ask that he credits your name (Picture courtesy of *** etc)

Also if you want to be paranoid about it, make it crystal clear that he can only use the images in his book and no where else and he has to request additional permission for any additional use of the pictures.

I had some of my public images on Flickr used in a tourist guide to Miami. An online company got in touch and asked if they could use my images, I gave permission and my name was credited to the picture in there online guide. It was very good of them to ask. I think any reputable company would ask first. My photo of Gloria Estefans Cuban bar (Bongo's) is now on show for the world to see :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

if the guy is writing a book he is doing it to make money, dont help him make more by giving away the images for nothing. tourist guides are different they are usually paid for out of local town funds and so dont make a profit. I would ask for a small fee and a credit in the book along with restricting his use to the book only. or a large fee and he can do what he wants with them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links