Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 3 Lights.

Rev2 Matt

Hi again all.

I have just invested in a set of the Rev 3 lights for my 92 MR2 Turbo. Unfortunately when I had taken the back completly off the car to fit them I found out that the Rev 3 lights need to have a recess to fit the reverse light holders into. I was gutted as I managed to get a set of them in the same black as my car and they are mint! The two options I have as far as I can see are to either cut the back of the car to fit them in or manipulate them somehow to fit. I don't really want to start ripping the car apart as it will require metalwork and personally I don't mind the Rev 2 look.

If anyone knows of a conversion that is possible without butchering the car it would be great to know.

Cheers.

Hi again all.

I have just invested in a set of the Rev 3 lights for my 92 MR2 Turbo. Unfortunately when I had taken the back completly off the car to fit them I found out that the Rev 3 lights need to have a recess to fit the reverse light holders into. I was gutted as I managed to get a set of them in the same black as my car and they are mint! The two options I have as far as I can see are to either cut the back of the car to fit them in or manipulate them somehow to fit. I don't really want to start ripping the car apart as it will require metalwork and personally I don't mind the Rev 2 look.

If anyone knows of a conversion that is possible without butchering the car it would be great to know.

Cheers.

You have two options mate ,either swap the centre panel for the rogue type with no reverse lights

or dent the center panel of the car with a rubber mallet ,to allow the reverse light holders to sit flat ,No need to cut the car just dent it a bit :rolleyes:

Thats what everybody has to do when fitting these lights

Picture228.jpg

The only other slight pisser is that I don't have the plastic brackets shown in your photo's. They hold the centre pannel in place at the bottom so might have improvise a bit there.

Bash the rear panel in, everyone does it!!

I did it just make sure the lock (barrel is in the locating postion first) as you can tap it gently up, down, left or right if needs be to line it up with the rear panel. Also did you get the rev3 rear barrel as well as the rev1/2 s are to short for the panel

Bash the rear panel in, everyone does it!!

I did it just make sure the lock (barrel is in the locating postion first) as you can tap it gently up, down, left or right if needs be to line it up with the rear panel. Also did you get the rev3 rear barrel as well as the rev1/2 s are to short for the panel

I never bothered with the rear lock, think Jimlad on here relocated his on his old MR2.

Bash it with a hammer!! Seriously, that's all it takes!

Yeah, I got a rev3 lock so it lined up nicely.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links