Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd/sat Nav Stuck!

whittaker

Hi people

i have a yaris sr which came with the built in sat nav/cd player.

when pressing the open button to change the cd, the front has tilted as usual but has stuck in an open position! non of the button now work even on the steering wheel, and the cd is stuck in?!

any suggestions to fix this such as a reset or something? i have tried holding buttons, gently pushing it close, but nothing has worked?

thanks

HI,

This is exactly what happened to mine!

You can't fix it yourself, you'll have to go back to the dealer who will order you one of the modified stereo units.

The modified unit front panel doesn't slide all the way down like the original.

I will say though that I have had the modified unit fitted in my SR for about 2 weeks now and it has started playing up too. When the front panel slides back into place it goes all the way back in but then it juts out a little bit. When you turn the car off the front panel goes back into it's proper position!

So, I'll be going back AGAIN on Monday.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Helen.

HI,

This is exactly what happened to mine!

You can't fix it yourself, you'll have to go back to the dealer who will order you one of the modified stereo units.

The modified unit front panel doesn't slide all the way down like the original.

I will say though that I have had the modified unit fitted in my SR for about 2 weeks now and it has started playing up too. When the front panel slides back into place it goes all the way back in but then it juts out a little bit. When you turn the car off the front panel goes back into it's proper position!

So, I'll be going back AGAIN on Monday.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Helen.

thanks helen

after 3 days it has magically returned to normal, i will have to keep my eye on it though.

i am reluctant to take it back to the garage (although i will) as it has been back around 4 or 5 times since i got it only a couple of months ago! i thought these toyota were suppost to be reliable! hopefully just teething problems early on.

Hi,

Same here, I got mine on 13th April and have been on holiday and the car was in the garage for a couple of weeks so have only done 700 miles so far and it's been back into the garage 3 times, the second 2 times for the stereo problems. Now it will be going back in again for the stereo.

I'm gutted because I love the car itself and all the problems are all to do with the stupid stereo so I'm quite p'eed off with it now. I even asked the dealer if they could just take it out and put another kind in but they are reluctant to do that as it will detract from the spec of the car (which I understand) but I'm just so fed up of it.

Hope you get sorted anyway, the front panel on mine just wouldn't go back at all. I would say that as they have modified the design of the stereo front panel maybe you should book it in for one of the new ones fitted as there is obviously a problem with the original design.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links