Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Alarm Woes...

ojfoggin

Hi, I bought an 02 T-sport (upgrade from a 53 T2) about 4 months ago and since I bought it I have discovered some problems with the car alarm.

Whenever it is sunny (or warm?) the car alarm will go off. If I leave it it will stop after about 3 or 4 minutes but then will go off again after about 30 seconds. If I unlock the car using the remote it will stop for about 5 minutes until the car locks itself again and the alarm goes off. The only way to overcome the problem is to lock the car with the key and bypass the alarm but I don't want to do that.

The car has been into the Toyota dealer twice so far. First time they didn't do anything. Second time they replaced the radar sensors for the alarm. I called them back and said it was still happening and then they told me the car has 2 alarm systems fitted and one of them needs to be disabled (I think they are lying).

I thought it might be the door sensors or bonnet sensor but I have turned the alarm on and tried to set it off by shaking the doors and bonnet but no luck.

Has anyone come across a problem like this before? It's really starting to annoy me when I get woken at 7am on a Sunday and have to lie in bed with my car key to keep turning it off. :)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have not heard of this problem. Rain and wind usually cause it.

One thing to try is, turn down the sensitivity of the alarm, there was a little black box in my old yaris it was behind the dash by the cd player. I think that's the control box for the alarm, turn it down, it may help.

If your not sure go into your dealership, and ask them where it is.

Someone may have had another alarm on the car previously, not very easy to check.

Hey,

When I got my TS, I had a problem with my alarm too. It would just keep going off after 1-5 mins of being locked. I tried setting the sensitivity of the alarm to the lowest, but that just delayed the time.

Anyhow.. I found out the problem was the black microwave alarm box itself, I got a replacement one from Toyota for around £40. No trouble at all now, alarm works like a charm.

Cool, thanks!

When I drop the car off at Toyota on Monday I'll let them know what you said and get them to replace the box.

It's all under warranty because I only bought the car a few months ago so it isn't costing me anything but it is annoying waiting about a month each time so I can get a courtesy car :(

Thanks for the help.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links