Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Radio Cassette Problem

Phil G

Hi there - I've had a Yaris as my second car for the last two years and am very happy with it. However not long after I bought it (private sale) the radio wouldn't always work. Pushing the 'on' switch might eventually get it to come on. One day it switched itself on at full blast and I couldn't switch it off! Not long afterwards it stopped working altogether along with the cassette player, and no combination of button pushing seems to have any effect. Has anyone any suggestions, or encountered this problem? :(

• 3 months later...

Hello; we have a similar problem with my wife's CDX in that both the radio & CD decided to pack up for no obvious eason. Did you get your prblem solved ?

From the sound of the problem, it'll more than likely be a dry join on the back of the switch itself.

If this is so, then 5 minutes with a soldering iron should be all that's needed.

Hi there - I've had a Yaris as my second car for the last two years and am very happy with it. However not long after I bought it (private sale) the radio wouldn't always work. Pushing the 'on' switch might eventually get it to come on. One day it switched itself on at full blast and I couldn't switch it off! Not long afterwards it stopped working altogether along with the cassette player, and no combination of button pushing seems to have any effect. Has anyone any suggestions, or encountered this problem? :(

I have noticed that if the fasia panel is not locked in properly, it may be hard to make the unit work with the on/off button. However, you can still turn it on by pressing the am/fm button!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links