Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Yaris But What About Biodiesel

wheeledwidewebb

Hello all.

We are thinking about buying a new Yaris D4D but I want to run it on biodiesel, not just veg oil but processed biodiesel.

Has anyone been running theirs on bio?

I guess Toyota will say that you cant.

Any comments appreciated.

Would you be processing your own Biodiesel?

Apparently the green issues of bio diesel divert the food source of third world countries to the more profitable oil market. As a result we turn green, and the poor starving kids from Africa turn blue. As far as I am concerned everything to do with recycling should be programmed at source. You ever tried to open the packaging around a torch bought from Argos; it is easier to get at the Crown Jewels.

Would you be processing your own Biodiesel?

Apparently the green issues of bio diesel divert the food source of third world countries to the more profitable oil market. As a result we turn green, and the poor starving kids from Africa turn blue. As far as I am concerned everything to do with recycling should be programmed at source. You ever tried to open the packaging around a torch bought from Argos; it is easier to get at the Crown Jewels.

I agree with what you say....... using BD does have its down side. :angry:Not as eco friendly asit first would seem But it can be processed in your own kitchen. :)

And that's the bit I was wondering about. B)

Still biodiesel/veg oil is less disruptive then Hybrid batteries ;)

My Hilux is running neat veg oil now....

The problem is, unless you can get used oil for free or next to nothing to process the biodiesel with, veg oil is !Removed! expensive! (£1.20 a litre at tesco, about £1 a litre Makro)

I have got the used veg oil, I just can't find anyone who knows if the Yaris will be alright with it. Toyota customer services, as you might imagine, can offer no advice whatsoever.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links