Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please

tcmk2

hi there

i have a 1995 mr with 195/55/15 on the front , and 205/60/15 on the rear !!

i need a tyre change soon , and im thinking 195/55/15 with 205/55/15 on the rear !!

i think im going for toyo proxies all round, wots the manufactures spec for this year of car thanks (its not a turbo)

Those tyre sizes are dangerously wrong :ph34r:

The correct sizes for all years after 1992 (as in yours) are 205/50 x15" on front and 225/50 x15" on rear.

as for sizes.. .can't help you there mate as I have 17" wheels

Jimlad...thats new..posting a reply to state that you are of no help whatsoever. How low will you stoop to get that posting figure up :lol::lol::lol:

I dunno if that's correct either...I have the factory 15's and Im running what I thought is the oem sizes.......205/50/15 & 225/55/15.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Jimlad...thats new..posting a reply to state that you are of no help whatsoever. How low will you stoop to get that posting figure up...

Haha, that's our jimboy!

And i just HAD to make a post like this 2...

:thumbsup:

-Z

My fronts are 205's and the rears are 225's. Both profiles are the same but can't remember whether it's 50 or 55?!

The 205/50 x 15" front and 225/50 x 50" on the rear is the best setup. This is in reference to the mr2 owners handbook.

The original Toyota setup for 1992+ is 195/55 x 15" front, 225/50 x15" rear but there are problems with this :

A) 195/55 x15" on the front will give you more understeer.

B)That size of tyre is pretty hard to source.

The tyres used by toyota on the mr2 for 1992+ are Yokohama A-022's but they have a pretty high wear rate. Stick with the Toyos.

yeh the tyre change to create more understeer was basically to stop people killing themselves, along w. a few suspension change etc in the l8r models.

-Z

Its only a problem in the wet. Why sacrifice the driving experience in the dry? When its wet there will be no loss of contrl if ya drive slow heh.

well i guess not every tom, ***** & harry is of the same mentality. Also sometimes it can be wet when u least expect it to.

It was on this forums bibbs maybe? posted about taking a corner like he did regularly, cept this time just round the corner it was wet cos some1 had watered their lawn (or something) so cos of that they lost it (the car that is) :(

Kinda reminds me of that article i read about the state of cali suing porsche cos people couldnt handle their early model car (can't rem which one!). muppets had major accidents etc. so porsche got sued for making the car undrivable! think it was also to do with oversteer.

-Z

The original Toyota setup for 1992+ is 195/55 x 15" front, 225/50 x15" rear but there are problems with this :

A) 195/55 x15" on the front will give you more understeer.

B)That size of tyre is pretty hard to source.

Interestingly enough the factory sticker on my 1993 Gen III says 195/55/15 and 225/50/15 :huh: I just brought some Dunlop FM901's in 195/55/15 for it today.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

LOL i didnt know you could sue the manufacturer if your a crap driver. Im sure it has something to do with the fact that cali has no bends on the roads..so people musta panicked when they seen one hehe. nutty world.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links