Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

On The Road Again...

JadeGTI

god... what a month ive had!!!

infact, ive had nothing but trouble since march!!!

first i had all that crap with my wingmirror being nicked and my car being violated and if that wasnt enough i broke down a few weeks ago and had to be towed home by the AA (how embarassing!) (and it was friday the 13th!)

Well, when i broke down, the AA man told me tht my idle speed control valve was mullered and i wasnt able to drive my car. so he fiddled about under the bonnet and then towed me home. when i first broke down my car was idling at 1500 but flutuating up and down from 1500 to 2500.

Anyhoo... when the man dropped me home i immediatley went inside and sulked for the rest of the day.

Saturday morning i was up bright and early for 'operation fix the car!' when i strated the engine, it instantly revved all the way to 3500 and started flutuating between 3500 and 4500! very scary!

After speaking to a very nice man and visiting his alladins cave of car parts, (you know who you are, and you are a saviour!) we managed to get an idle speed control valve. (toyota discontinued making them for my car!)

so, home we go to fit the part and after a few hours trying to fit it... It didnt bloody help!!!!

Well to cut a long story short, after a few weeks of screaming at the car and making my boyfriend stand outside in all weathers trying to fix it, i had the bright idea of getting our friend who is a manager at kwik fit to pop round after work and have a butchers at my motor.

well, and this is the funny part, i took my car keys outside to him and i walked from my car to my house to get a jumper and walked back out again and in that very short time of less thatn 2 minutes he had fixed my car!!!!

When the AA man was fiddling with my car he had undone the throttle control screw and had opened it up fully!

All my car needed was for the screw to be tightened!

i was so happy but so annoyed all at the same time!!

Can you believe how stupid i feel not to have thought of checking that myself??!!

Anyway, the great news is, i should be back on the road this weekend and wont have to drive about in our starlet anymore!!!!

right, im done now and im happy so there! :P

J xxxx

god... what a month ive had!!!

infact, ive had nothing but trouble since march!!!

first i had all that crap with my wingmirror being nicked and my car being violated and if that wasnt enough i broke down a few weeks ago and had to be towed home by the AA (how embarassing!) (and it was friday the 13th!)

Well, when i broke down, the AA man told me tht my idle speed control valve was mullered and i wasnt able to drive my car. so he fiddled about under the bonnet and then towed me home. when i first broke down my car was idling at 1500 but flutuating up and down from 1500 to 2500.

Anyhoo... when the man dropped me home i immediatley went inside and sulked for the rest of the day.

Saturday morning i was up bright and early for 'operation fix the car!' when i strated the engine, it instantly revved all the way to 3500 and started flutuating between 3500 and 4500! very scary!

After speaking to a very nice man and visiting his alladins cave of car parts, (you know who you are, and you are a saviour!) we managed to get an idle speed control valve. (toyota discontinued making them for my car!)

so, home we go to fit the part and after a few hours trying to fit it... It didnt !Removed! help!!!!

Well to cut a long story short, after a few weeks of screaming at the car and making my boyfriend stand outside in all weathers trying to fix it, i had the bright idea of getting our friend who is a manager at kwik fit to pop round after work and have a butche

well, and this is the funny part, i took my car keys outside to him and i walked from my car to my house to get a jumper and walked back out again and in that very short time of less thatn 2 minutes he had fixed my car!!!!

When the AA man was fiddling with my car he had undone the throttle control screw and had opened it up fully!

All my car needed was for the screw to be tightened!

i was so happy but so annoyed all at the same time!!

Can you believe how stupid i feel not to have thought of checking that myself??!!

Anyway, the great news is, i should be back on the road this weekend and wont have to drive about in our starlet anymore!!!!

right, im done now and im happy so there! :P

J xxxx

I think Top Gear should get shot of Clarkson, and give you his job. Far more entertaining. !!!!!

aww that was sweet! (unless it was sarcasim and in that case, meh:-()

i thing you should phone top gear and tell them they need me!!!!

xxxx

Moral of the story, the AA are useless for anything other then recovery! They are extra double useless on older cars.. (88, best year for toyotas).

I destroyed my idle control valve last year.. I had the engine in bits and I trod on it :rolleyes: Luckily Toyota could still supply them for me....

we managed to get an idle speed control valve. (toyota discontinued making them for my car!)

I take it you have a 1988 Corolla GTi ?

If so I think you will find it IS still available from Toyota parts department (although price might give you a heart attack for what it is!)

yay :yahoo::clap: glad its all sorted. its always amazing how its always the daftest things that we never check.

back to happy rolla motoring again

we managed to get an idle speed control valve. (toyota discontinued making them for my car!)

I take it you have a 1988 Corolla GTi ?

If so I think you will find it IS still available from Toyota parts department (although price might give you a heart attack for what it is!)

yes i have an '88 corolla.

i called two seperate toyota dealerships.

they quoted £138 for an idle control valve but when they went to order it in for me they said toyota had discontinued it.

And dawesey... was cool meeting you the other day and i am so so so so so happy the 'rolla's back on the road!

xx

Glad to here youve got it sorted hun, although i can imagine how frustrating it must be for it to be something so simple, at least i know ive properly killed mine lol :D :P

Teegs x

what you doing with it tegs? are you repairing or selling?

what you doing with it tegs? are you repairing or selling?

Hey dawsey - im am repairing it- it would break my heart to sell another mk1 :P - its pretty conclusive that its the head gasket thats gone so got all the new parts and gonna get the head off today for a skim then put it back together - hopefully should be up and running again next week - gonna do cam belt and alternator belt at the same time to save hassle later on :)

Teegs x

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links