Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! When Pressing Volume Down Button Sound Goes Up...

artisticka

Hi everyone,

I've a problem here, wonder if anybody knows a solution to this.

My new Auris TR steering wheel volume button is driving me insane. Once a car wormed up (usually 5-10 min driving), Volume Down button becomes Volume UP, i.e., when pressing Volume Down sound goes up.

Went to Toyota Center three times already. First they changed the switch, then the entire radio unit, then the steering wheel and the problem's still there. Toyota service says they've never experienced anything like it, hence no solution whatsoever. They are going to come back to me once they've spoken to some engineering center (don't know where)... aaaggghhhrrrrzzzzzz..!

Have you heard or experienced anything like it?

Would appreciate any suggestions/comments... even if it's a false promise :-) lol

Thank you in advance

Artisticka

xxx

Hi everyone,

My new Auris TR steering wheel volume button is driving me insane. Once a car wormed up (usually 5-10 min driving), Volume Down button becomes Volume UP, i.e., when pressing Volume Down sound goes up.

Went to Toyota Center three times already. First they changed the switch, then the entire radio unit, then the steering wheel and the problem's still there. Toyota service says they've never experienced anything like it, hence no solution whatsoever. They are going to come back to me once they've spoken to some engineering center (don't know where)... aaaggghhhrrrrzzzzzz..!

Would appreciate any suggestions/comments... even if it's a false promise :-) lol

Thank you in advance

Artisticka

xxx

Does the UP button become Down ? haven't a clue as to the solution, other than to remember to work in reverse.

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance

Does it only happen when you are going round in circles !!!!

Only joking !!!

Artisticka

xxx

Does the UP button become Down ? haven't a clue as to the solution, other than to remember to work in reverse.

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance

Does it only happen when you are going round in cirlcles !!!

Only joking !!!

Does it only happen when you are going round in circles !!!!

Only joking !!!

Artisticka

xxx

Thank you for the reply!

No, Up Button doesn't become Down. It's only a volume Down button that is messing up, i.e. it's turning sound up.

:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links