Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4rs

ramn086

I bought a brand new Toyota Auris 1.4RS less than a year ago :D . I've never had the luxury of enjoying this vehicle yet...

Here are some of my issues :crybaby: : -

The amount of issues with the vehicle is almost endless...Wish someone could help with these issues.

The vehicle is rusting away and the paint is cracking.

The fuel consumption was 6.4 l/100km average when I bought the vehicle (for the first 4 months) then made a dramatic increase to 8.0 l/100km now its currently 11.2 l/100km. Toyota SA and the various dealerships claim they don't know how to fix this problem.

The vehicle cuts out during take off...The revs keep around 3000 RPM and still no luck.

Not to mention the radio "forgets" the station settings especially when changing from FM to CD or CD to FM. (Radio has been change 3 times)

Toyota'S SOLUTION: THEY HAVE PUT IT ON THE BLACKBOARD.

Lastly, I think "RS" range should offer more in terms of optional extras...

My mileage is less than 11000km...

I still am being given the run around about the above issues from Toyota SA...

They can't explain it nor can they fix it...the result is its my problem for buying it.

Ever thought about warranty ? Somehow your story sounds a bit unconfincing to me. I mean you've driven <11000 and you're already experiences such problems, did it ever come up to you to get this car sorted out ASAP ?

Not mean to be offensive but I guess you're better of at the dealer then on this forum :)

My suggestion to you is either sell it or ask Toyota a new one. It is clear that is a black listed car. A friend of mine has an Audi A3 which also gave him big headaches. If toyota doesn't want to it put them in court before the warranty runs out. No matter what you do those problems will return. That car needs probably a fully electronic replacement and fully new paint work to say the least.

Thanx for your comments, I've just start following in that route...

I offered to pay for my mileage used and get a replacement but at this point I've had no luck. So I have decided to involve the financing bank to help back me up. Lets hope I start making head way.

I'm very disappointed as this vehicle has more faults and issues than my Leyland Mini (1979); not to mention that I had purchased this vehicle for my fiancee.

She is so scared to use this vehicle since there are noises louder than the sound system.

Toyota SA said its normal.

Ever thought about warranty ? Somehow your story sounds a bit unconfincing to me. I mean you've driven <11000 and you're already experiences such problems, did it ever come up to you to get this car sorted out ASAP ?

Not mean to be offensive but I guess you're better of at the dealer then on this forum :)

Well I thought of warranty thats why I bought brand new instead of second hand...However Warranties only work if the other party is willing to honour it. In addition, I've been given the run around by both the dealership and Toyota SA to date...My vehicle has been with the dealer more times since I've bought it than I've seen my mother in the last 5 years.

This option is more to get help from the various people out there since the dealers nor the brand in South Africa (Toyota SA) are willing to help.

Making something public knowledge may have a high effect of getting some kind of help.

Put them in court and at the same time try to communicate with Toyota Japan. Japanese don't like this things. I managed to get a contact from Toyota Europe which also doesn't like this things because sooner or later Japan will know. In your case I don't think Toyota Europe would help. Just forget about the local Toyota main representative they have a business that is all probably they represent and have other deals. But don't wait too long put them in court, fill complains online or send letters and try to acquire a Japan Toyota contact.

Consider trying these:

toyota_cares@toyota.com

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/about_toyota/overview/index.html (call the numbers there and ask for an email)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links