Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Soon To Be Yaris Owner

lee66

hi all, i ve just ordered a 3 door yaris 1.3 vvt i spirit in black, i havent seen it yet as i got it from motorpoint and bought it while in transit to their derby site, its an 07 plate with 6k on the clock. i got it for £7,600. dores this seem a fair price? is this a good model to own as i only ordered it on the strength of it being a toyota! your replies are appreciated.

Hi :thumbsup:

Are you saying you’ve parted with £7,600 for a car you actually haven’t seen in person? You’ve done no homework on any price comparison and you don’t know any details about the particular model.

That is BRAVE! :eek:

So you wouldn’t know the condition of the paint/bodywork, the state of the interior due to kids/pets/smoking/food etc, the condition of the tyres/engine/suspension/steering/exhaust... the list goes on.

Good luck :thumbsup:

i ve left a refundable deposit, if you know motorpoint, they sell most of their vehicles in transit, the photo s and the description of the car look fantastic, but i could nt find a used model at my local toyota dealer to compare the price with.

I have to agree with TVOR i just couldnt put money on a car i had not seen :unsure:

alot of the import dealers do the same, you order and pay before you even see the car,

that scares me and i can not bring myself to trust them that much.

shame you dont fancy a slightly older yaris :rolleyes: i know of a excellent one for sale :lol:

point taken, but i am getting a 15 month old car for around 4,500 to 5,00 quid less than a new one, all the other cars at motorpoint are in excellent nick, so i ve no reason to doubt them on this one, if you dont move quick at these car supermarkets you miss the boat!! ps it is a uk car, not an import.

while im here, whats the difference between a t sport and a t spirit? mines a 1.3 vvt i-spitit mmt

whats the difference between a t sport and a t spirit? mines a 1.3 vvt i-spitit mmt

MMT? Oh dear :( This is the point I am trying to make. It’s probably best to do your research before buying a car and not after :thumbsup:

Another problem with these nearly new cars is their history. The majority are ex hire cars (Hertz Avis etc) is that turn their cars turn around pretty quick, pass them on to these cars superstores, be sure to check the previous details on the V5 as its not always obvious who the company is. If there isn’t a V5 on site that would be a dead give away.

It will be logged as one careful owner, but would have had 100 drivers not so careful! :crybaby:

whats wrong with mmt?!!!!! i know its an automatic cos thats al my missus will drive

whats wrong with mmt?!!!!! i know its an automatic cos thats al my missus will drive

There are lots of topics on here regarding MMT.

If its got bar code stickers on the windows or signs that there's been a sticker by the fuel cap then it is almost guaranteed to have been a hire car.

the v5 is definatelywith the car, i ve checked, would hire companys use yaris s for hire cars?

There are lots of topics on here regarding MMT.

If its got bar code stickers on the windows or signs that there's been a sticker by the fuel cap then it is almost guaranteed to have been a hire car.

just been on motorpoints website, all cars with auto box s seem to be badged mmt, what is the problem with these cars?

Did you pay £300 deposit by any chance? (Which is a commitment to buy, check the small print)

The cars are not prepared in any way i.e. as their previous owners left them, so don’t fall for the £60 valet they offer, do it yourself as they will only wash and vac it if you are lucky.

Did you pay £300 deposit by any chance? (Which is a commitment to buy, check the small print)

The cars are not prepared in any way i.e. as their previous owners left them, so don’t fall for the £60 valet they offer, do it yourself as they will only wash and vac it if you are lucky.

yes it was 300, but i got it in writing its fully refundable if im not 100% happy with the car, i rang them today and they say it takes a day to prepare the car, valet, nd a 56 point pdi, i really hope it meets my expectations, i ll let you kow how i get on, should take delivery on friday, it was either this car or a corsa!!!!!

I’m pleased for you that you are getting a new car, but I wish you had come here first and got some advice as I don’t want to see you getting screwed over.

Just be very careful when you go and pick it up. One of the biggest issues with this firm is the servicing. If it hasn’t been done by Toyota’s schedule (12 months or 10,000 miles which ever is sooner) the warranty may be void.

Go over the car with a fine toothcomb, any doubts then walk away and don’t get pushed around by any salesperson.

Any problems we are all here to help :yes:

Keep us updated :thumbsup:

thanks, will do, my local toyota dealer has said they will honour the manufacturer warranty(18 months to run) as long as its a uk car, which im told it is,and they also have no problems in servicing it, will keep you updated, is the mmt the semitronic box?

I’m not an expert on the MMT box, there a few on here that are which I’m sure will pick up on this topic soon :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I’m not an expert on the MMT box, there a few on here that are which I’m sure will pick up on this topic soon :thumbsup:

Got my yaris yesterday, really pleased so far, cant believe how roomy they are for a small car!!!! Does anyone know what the "navi" button does on the stereo? i ve pushed it while playing the radio, and the cd/mp3 but it seems to have no purpose,

Does anyone know what the "navi" button does on the stereo?

Nothing, unless you have the Toyota Navigation System fitted, very expensive (£1000+) all Yaris have the sat nav buttons there just in case.

With the market now flooded with TomTom’s and other portable cheap units the Toyota sat nav is now obsolete, in fact the new 1.3SR has a TomTom as standard!!

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the "navi" button does on the stereo?

Nothing, unless you have the Toyota Navigation System fitted, very expensive (£1000+) all Yaris have the sat nav buttons there just in case.

With the market now flooded with TomTom’s and other portable cheap units the Toyota sat nav is now obsolete, in fact the new 1.3SR has a TomTom as standard!!

had my yaris for a month now, im really pleased with it so far, the mmmt box is so easy to use, i use man, mrs uses the auto box, the smart entry and smart start system is really cool too

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links