Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Gifts

T V O R

When you bought your new car from Toyota did they give you any gifts? When I bought a new Ford years ago I got a basket of flowers but never got anything when I bought a Toyota. I’ve read that some people get bottles of Champagne or wine etc from certain manufactures. Is it just down to the dealer?

Do the women on here get more freebies than the men when buying a new car?

:(

My mum and dad bought a brand new yaris diesel a few months back (personally I think they were mad spending 10k to save a couple of hundred quid a year, even less so with the price of diesel now).

They got a bottle of champagne (nothing special) and flowers, nice touch. Good business sense really as they'll use them for servicing from now on.

I got nothing when I bought my Corolla T-Sport, but I did haggle like mad to get a good deal so not having £5 bottle of bubbly didn't really bother me.

erm I definitly didnt get anything, didnt haggle deal (just said gimme :wub::lol: ) and they then called at put the price up :huh::unsure: and am far to soft argue..lol

Although when my first aygo was one year old I got a mini cake in the post :D , in fact I got two for some reason, but this Aygo year old, no cake :crybaby:

My mate bought a BMW Z3 (a very old one) and got free tickets to silverston :(

SJx

I have had a nice bottle of wine with my last two Toyotas but when my son got his Aygo last weekend they gave him a large tin of chocolate chip cookies as the practice of giving alcohol with a car purchase is apparently no longer seen as politically correct.

When I bought my Honda....I was giving a bottle of Champagne, as was my Dad.

A mate of mine could choose his gift that he got with his new car.

Dunno with the Yaris... was something of a surprise.. and my Dad was the one who actually bought it.. I then bought it off him...

The MR2? I was just so damn happy to get :) and at a good price! :P plus it wasnt from a dealer

I didnt get anything when i bought my T-Spirit Auris 12 months ago (new) I have just changed it for a Auris T180 (used) and got a bottle of wine!

erm I definitly didnt get anything, didnt haggle deal (just said gimme :wub::lol: ) and they then called at put the price up :huh::unsure: and am far to soft argue..lol

Although when my first aygo was one year old I got a mini cake in the post :D , in fact I got two for some reason, but this Aygo year old, no cake :crybaby:

SJx

They did what?! :o I would laughed at them! Ive never heard of anything like that - had you already signed the contract? :unsure:

You are kidding me guys, right? Here in Greece the only gift when u get a new car is the standard set of floor mats and the ashtray set of the car! :lol:

To be honest, when i bought my corolla, they also gave me the back spoiler parking sensors as a gift, but only because they had already installed it, as the client who was going to buy it before me had ordered them and they didn't dare to charge me with those.......

No wine or flowers in Greece :censor:

You are kidding me guys, right? Here in Greece the only gift when u get a new car is the standard set of floor mats and the ashtray set of the car! :lol:

To be honest, when i bought my corolla, they also gave me the back spoiler parking sensors as a gift, but only because they had already installed it, as the client who was going to buy it before me had ordered them and they didn't dare to charge me with those.......

No wine or flowers in Greece :censor:

Just great food and weather (sometimes) :P

With the cars I have purchased from Nissan I always got a decent discount, carpets and a tank of fuel.

With the LC I got over £2500 discount, a lower % rate of finance, a set of mats and a full tank of diesel. Oh and a very healthy trade in price for my Nissan 350Z :D

I have never had any gifts such as booze or flowers or chocs though :crybaby:

SJx

They did what?! :o I would laughed at them! Ive never heard of anything like that - had you already signed the contract? :unsure:

I know I am such a wuss but it was like "I got the payments wrong nowt ya can do about it, have a tank of fuel on us" should have saved collecting the petrol till now would be worth twice as much :lol:

When i had my yaris i was sent a big bouquet of flowers from the dealer :flowers:

before the yaris we had always had nissans, and never had any gifts from any of the Nissan dealers.

SJx

I know I am such a wuss but it was like "I got the payments wrong nowt ya can do about it, have a tank of fuel on us" should have saved collecting the petrol till now would be worth twice as much :lol:

Omg! :o Next time your buying a car take me with you! I went with my friend to buy hers - the dealer wouldnt budge on the price or give her a good part-ex value i told her to walk away - we did and then before we even got back to hers - he had called to leave a message and knocked £300 off the car price :D

I never back down ever lol :boxing:

sometimes you get what you want - sometimes they dont budge - but there are loads of other places to buy the car so dont ever give in! :P

....but there are loads of other places to buy the car so dont ever give in! :P

Very very good advice :thumbsup::toast:

SJx

Omg! :o Next time your buying a car take me with you! I went with my friend to buy hers - the dealer wouldnt budge on the price or give her a good part-ex value i told her to walk away - we did and then before we even got back to hers - he had called to leave a message and knocked £300 off the car price :D

I never back down ever lol :boxing:

sometimes you get what you want - sometimes they dont budge - but there are loads of other places to buy the car so dont ever give in! :P

Haha your on! although the current petrol prices are delaying my next car purchase :( :lol:

I got the £600 Style Pack for free - thats bargaining for you! :lol: I also got 3 years free servicing and a tank of fuel and by that time I'd already taken far too much so drove off! :lol: :lol:

Got six years of trouble free motoring in a car that puts up with my use and abuse ;)

with the punto I got 6 months free road tax, £1000 off, £1000 free petrol, free usb stick with membership to a fiat forum thing haha

with the punto I got 6 months free road tax, £1000 off, £1000 free petrol, free usb stick with membership to a fiat forum thing haha

But you also got a Fiat Punto :lol: :lol:

But you also got a Fiat Punto :lol: :lol:

Somebody should tell him that it isn't a free usb stick...........That's the ECU :lol:

When i brought my Celica in 2005 i got a free set of europian head lights bonus, even though i will not use them lol. Its the thought that counts

I never got anything with both of my Yarii that I bought new. It would've been nice to have got something but I am a lot wiser now, so if I ever do buy a new or used car from a garage I know how to bargain and be firmer.

My Fiesta (first car, I know - I'll never go non-Jap) and the MR2 were second hand so didn't get anything with them either.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links