Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Surf 2.8 - T

matches

i have just converted my surf 4 runner (3l engine) to turbo and im not sure how much i need to turn up my diesel injector pump? i have used all the turbo parts off a 2.4 (2lt) engine and its running fine but smells a bit rich and blows blew smoke under load , i have wound the injector pump up 1 and a half full turns and then half back a turn again but still is smoking, if i back it off any more it stops smoking .... but doesnt go anywhere as good as it does when there is more diesel going in...

Also when theres more diesel going in the turbo spools up alot quicker but im not sure if this is ok? i was thinking maybe there diesel getting into the bore somehow iv herd the frase (borewash) when when there to much diesel going in or a leaking injector??

You have turned the screw far too much, take it back to where it was and just try moving it a few degrees at a time, if you get the mixture wrong it will cause high exhaust gas temperatures, you really need a EGT gauge if playing with these things.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links